Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Somebody Else Answer The Phone!!

Okay, so yesterday someone told me that because of my last post, they were afraid to say they've never seen Mary Poppins! I nearly fell off my chair-- but I was standing up, so that expression really doesn't work! Needless to say, if you HAVEN'T seen Mary Poppins, that's okay too-- I'll still love ya! lol

Yesterday sucked. I don't miss yesterday.

I was sad the day before, so I figured I was tired and needed sleep. I actually took a sleeping pill (I still have TONNES left from the Dr.. When I found out about the affair, I didn't/couldn't sleep for nearly 5 days, so I got a prescription. They made me loopy. It was funny. Now I'm a hardened druggy, and can handle them :) ) ANYWHO, I took one the other night, hoping that a REALLY decent sleep would help my mood. So when I woke up yesterday morning, and STILL felt sad, I knew it wasn't a lack-of-sleep-induced emotion. Hence yesterday's post.

But those friends with crappy news-- yah, that continued to affect my day.

  • One friend I mentioned was having issues resurface in his life that have been 'conquered' for over three years. Watching (er, hearing-- since it was on the phone) him going through the same issues again was so heartbreaking. I saw how easy things change. One day, and everything changed for him, and it was so sad.
  • One friend has been having issues for a while, and I've worried a bit about her issues and how they're affecting her and her family. The mama-bear in me just about wants to go to her house and take out my frustrations on the instigators of her pain, but she knows I'm here anytime. And that's really all I can do. This is a hard time in life for me- so, like her, I hope to be here for her in any way I can be like she's been there for me.
  • AFTER those two phone calls, I got another phone call. Someone incredibly close to me has her doctors a little worried about some tests she did. When she told me about her tests, we both acknowledged what they were testing for-- and it's not something small. The results were put on STAT order, so she found some out yesterday, but some aren't back until later today possibly. To talk life and death with a mother who's sooooo very young is a tough reality to face. On a personal note- I felt that there was no one I could tell. I can't tell Chris- our relationship like that is ruined. And that, in addition to the issue, made me sad too.
  • On that note, I then got a phone call from Chris. Which is fine, but doesn't make me in a better mood, that's for sure. He mentioned something that's a bit of an annoyance for me.. He isn't going to see the kids this week because it's Stampede week- which means he's busy being drunk and stupid. It really annoys me. But thankfully I'm not waiting for him to come home now-- previous years have been like that, and I'm glad I don't have to KNOW he's out getting drunk and flirting with half-naked beach-blonde bimbos, I can just assume. :S
  • AFTER that phone call, who but EF phoned. Seriously. Couldn't have asked for anything else! lol She was friendly (she has no reason to not be) and started small talk about soccer camps and such. Then she asked how I was. I told her 'fine', and left it at that. But then she asked how Chris was. Something inside me (read: THE PISSED OFF PART) snapped- so, quite calmly, I told her where I was lately. I stated I was in an angry mood, and it wasn't anything personal- I'm just angry at everything lately and would rather not talk to her about it. She understood, which I knew she would. But seriously- what other crappy phone calls can I endure!?
  • AFTER that phone call, I had a girlfriend arrive at my door in tears. So, an hour or so later of talking and playing devils' advocate to her problems, the last dayhome kids went home and Mimi and I ate dinner. (LL and Bear were at a neighbours for dinner)
So, deciding to hit the sack early, I got roped into going for a walk with the girls anyways.

And it was SO what I needed. Isn't it always!? Those conversations make me laugh for days, and the inside jokes don't stop cooking up! But, I tell ya, I know a bit too much about their husbands. LOL Wouldn't have it any other way- walking hills and doing bench push-ups, working the abs in laughter.

*** I forgot to add- today's a good day- my lawyer/brother-in-law is filing our divorce papers today. ONE step closer to the end of this period of life- and I look forward to the NEW one.

2 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

It's that I'm In The Middle Of A Cyclone time aint it? Been there. The difficulty is not absorbing any of it. Haven't figured this out personally but this is what they tell me :P

Itworksforbobbi said...

Wow- what an amazing friend you are to have so many people trust you with their issues - and for you to be a listening ear for them, even amid your own trials. Just amazing! I honestly don't have any girlfriends I feel close enough to show up on their doorstep in tears. What an amazing gift you have given to these friends.