Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday rocks.

And Yellow ones-- because they're super cool and pretty. Why is it that certain flowers really make me smile, whilst others just annoy me? (like peonies or Marigolds!?)

So, last night was entertaining and good. I had 'issues' with getting Chris served, which actually put me in a pretty crappy mood, as we had set everything up and then he decided he was too drunk to come get them. GRRR. Then he called later and was feeling fine, so he decided to come after all. Then the paperwork was worded incorrectly, and he and I decided that instead of just 'leaving' the issue alone, we'd rather have it done the way we talked about. So now the paperwork is back with my lawyer.
Annoyed that I can't start the ball rolling, but I also would rather fix things NOW than have to deal with the issues later. And we want them done in certain ways (read: type of custody and legal wording)

Then GV night was at my place-- a bonfire. Always a hit. Especially when one GV brings coloured thingies to change the colour of the flame. OOOOOHHHH, preettttyyyy! lol

I just got back from the Tim Horton's Mediator. I was really upset that I arrived 1/2 hour late- STUPID downtown construction and traffic and parking and trains and and and. So, she was worried it'd be an interview that doesn't cover everything. Instead, she seemed pleasantly surprised that I had taken the course, and that every question she asked seemed to match Chris' answers too. She actually was HAPPY with everything I told her, reassured me that fixing the papers now was a better idea than progressing another way, and complimented the two of us on our communication and maturity in dealing with issues that most people aren't comfortable discussing. So, it was a nice validation for me.

Now a weekend with no kids. none. not one. Wow. I mean, THIS is what my regular day looks like. HAHA, and I get PAID to do this! :)

Now I'm on to "me mode" for the weekend.

0 comments: