Thursday, July 3, 2008

Return to The Asylum

My house barely stopped shaking from the busy weekend, and last night three tornados hit it. Yes, three! The noise from said tornados was OVERWHELMINGLY loud- didn't stop howling for about 2 hours! The mess incurred in a mere 2 hours to a perfectly clean house is incredible!!!! I didn't know how much destruction could occur so quickly! It made my head spin.. until they fell asleep in their new beds.

It's back to 'regular' chaos here now. 8 kids playing hide-and-seek. 2 kids with poopy pants at any given time. I think they conspire against me to alternate who's dirty so I get to play the guessing game-- or worse, the check-diaper game where, on rare horrible occasion, I get a fingernail full of 'presents'. ew.

I missed it.

on other notes:
Chris comes back yesterday, sits down at the kitchen table and sadly, says to me, "I hate it when you're angry with me. Like, it really upsets me".

"Good". I said back. (hahah, I'm such a cow when I want to be) Then I clarified..."I'm not angry with you. I'm hurt by you. And I'm tired of that, so now I'm guarded around you. It's not you I'm angry with. If anything, I'm angry at myself."

"well, it bothers me"

"you did it to yourself. It's your own fault."
He couldn't reply- he said he knows it's his fault, but it still bothers him. I am still 'angry' a bit. But not steaming like I was that Thursday. I just wish I hadn't reacted so much. I can't remember the last time I lost it like I did. For not being a fighter, my fighting words were out. So were my tears, but still.

4 comments:

Debbie Jo said...

2 things:

1) finger full of presents! HAHAHA oh my...I woke up Lliam with my loud laughter! Nice.

2) I missed your posts these last few days.

Unknown said...

eww! Why do you stick your FINGERS there?!?! All you have to do is look, silly. Nassssy.

Anonymous said...

way to go debbie luv the top 100 dude u rock

Unknown said...

ha, just noticed the edit. ;) Cow is a much nicer word. lol