Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: Me
What: decided to blog the weekend in pictures
Where: (sitting in front of the computer, duh!)
When: Okay, maybe the 'W's don't work with this! lol
Why: because there's just so much to put. So pictures can say it best.

So, I started with these carpets--- they needed some serious work!!


Uncle and I went to my ward on Sunday because my parents came into town to pick up their new car and drop off the pressure washer..


So Monday I pressure washed the deck, then scrubbed it with this chemical stuff to get ready to stain it.
I had 4 Elders come help me stain the deck, but it started to downpour and the staining couldn't happen. Instead, they did some gardening.

Naturally, I made time for the girls, Sin and V. We went for our walks. And the bugspray in the picture is the BEST part of the photo-- if it weren't for bugspray, we'd have been sucked dry of EVERY drop of blood in our bodies! The bugs on the ridge at night are CRAZY!


I don't know if you can see this-- in the car are about 8 HUGE boxes of stuff from Ikea.
So that I could make this room of LL and Mimi's into THIS:

That Ikea loft bed only took me 7 hours on Saturday! :(
Saturday night I went out for a bite with Staccey. I'm gonna miss ya, girl! :)

And then I got sick! :( I woke up yesterday with NO voice, and today's is pretty scratchy. So I'm working on these... mmmm cherry halls are yummy. I didn't do much on Canada day-- just chilled, mostly, finished the carpets, cleaned a bit, and watched a movie. Took a nap even! woo.

So, yah, carpets are cleaned, deck is washed, bedrooms are rearranged/fixed, groceries are got, and everything's ready for life to begin again today. The kids will be coming home this afternoon. I didn't have TIME to miss them! ;) But I'll be glad to see them again- I'm sure they'll have LOTS to tell me.

5 comments:

mcdltdsy said...

You are looking amazing!!!!! Just had to throw that out there. Love ya

Unknown said...

Cute girls' room! That top bunk looks SUPER high though--someone's going to bonk their heads.Haha.

Love ya!

holymotherofgod said...

My gawd you have had a busy weekend! Holymotherofgod indeed!! Good for you, although sorry to hear you came down with something. Bugs are freakin bad here too, although I guess it is Winnipeg...Can't win for losing- its either sunburn or mosquito bites!! Oy!! Nice to see you posting, I was going to email you a where the hell are you...!!!

Itworksforbobbi said...

That room is so, so cute! My girls' rooms look like mismatched poor white trash rooms :) Nice work on that bed - it would have taken me 7 weeks. LOL!

I have to agree with mcdltdsy, you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Seven hours is quick it takes me at least that to tie my shoes