Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random Compliments

So I have FINALLY found a few minutes of non-craziness to update ya'll. yeehaw. (haha, I love typing 'hick'. Hick and 'Homey'. Wurd foo. lol)

Yesterday was SUPER busy. Not in a really much-to-blog-about way, but just busy. I cleaned out the garage completely and pressure-washed it, so now it's cleaner than clean and organized like mad. LOVE IT. It's such a simple thing- especially since no one really SEES the garage, but having it all cleaned out is a good feeling. I'm such a loser that way. lol Besides, I think my parents are getting their pressure-washer back tomorrow, so I want to make sure I've got my use out of having it here!

Then, to top off my day yesterday, I had 5 kids under 2 years old. 15 diaper changes. 5 dirty faces, 10 dirty hands--50 dirty fingers. LOL... when I type that, it's no WONDER my walls are disgusting.

Cleaned the backyard (no small feat sometimes). Cleaned the house. Had errands to run. Picked up the van from the dealership for the LAST thing they needed to fix. UNFORTUNATELY, now the door lock isn't working and I'll have to manually lock and unlock it, or take it in YET AGAIN! grrr.

Then, I rollerbladed after getting the kids into bed. After an hour of eating FAR too many bugs and working up a nasty sweat, I donned the runners and joined the three other girlfriends of mine on a walk. Three hours of walking nearly every night-- you'd think my butt would look better! lol Okay, but here's my exciting news: The wii says I was down 6 pounds. Which isnt' true, but hey, I'll take the false compliment! lol But, in REAL news, I am ONE pound away from being in the 130s! I am 140 this morning-- think I can lose a pound by Monday!?? That's the goal! I can't wait to be in the 130s again-- hasn't happened since before getting pregnant with Elysia!!!!

I had such a great compliment the other day from a random older lady in Walmart. (not OLD, but probably 60) She watched me deal with my three kids, and turned around to tell me how impressed she was with how much patience and control I possessed. It was such an out-of-the-ordinary moment, and the fact that she stopped in her tracks and turned around to compliment me in such a way was so touching. I mean, as a mom, we usually get the dirty looks and the snide comments from other holier-than-thous who forget that mothering is a TOUGH job. But this was a genuine, original compliment that I was thankful for. Reminds me to take time to tell someone else how good of a job they're doing because you never know how that one comment can touch someone in JUST the way they needed it.