Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lillies and Sillies

Day-vee day-vee, weird and clazy, how does your galden glow!? (You gotsta imagine my hostfamily in Japan saying this to me to really "get" my super-awesome phonetical accent. haha)

Yah, baby-- it grows like this.Yep! Love love love the lillies in my front yard. I could have a whole garden of lillies and be in heaven! :)

Sweet peas!! (They're technically my NEIGHBOUR'S garden, but they grow on the mutual fence, and because the sun is on MY side of the fence, they tend to grow towards me, more. :) )
And my hostas bloomed for the first time this year! There's, like, 7 stalks of blossoms! I'm happy about that!!

Two pictures of these ones-- they are the COOLEST flowers.

And nothing better than daisies!! :)

In other news, (read: divorce-life news) I am more determined that Chris has an issue that he'd LIKE to talk to me about, but isnt'. Continuing from yesterday's post on his odd 'dating' conversation, it goes a little something like this. He came over to watch the kids while I was at an appointment last night. When I got home, I checked the phone for messages, knowing that the walking girls would be waiting for me to tell them if I'm in or not for the night's walk. He, smugly, says that the phone's been ringing non-stop all night. Then he says, "and I think your boyfriend phoned".

Okay. First:????????
and then: !!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed out loud. "Uh. What??" "Your boyfriend. I think he phoned." Again with my amused laugh. "I don't HAVE a boyfriend. So that would be pretty impressive if he phoned me." LOL

He tried to tell me that a friend I have is whom he was talking about. I mentioned this friend to him ONCE, and since then, he's convinced we're dating. Which is OBVIOUSLY bugging him, because this is also the same friend I may have a date with once I'm single, which Chris ALSO knows about. But there's nothing to report on that just yet, (for ONE) and that friend doesn't even live in the same province as me, (for two) so his comment was funny to me. I guess this barely-there friendship is really bothering Chris. Why else would he mention his own 'numerous' dates, tell me he has an opinion about ME dating (IN A FEW MONTHS!) and then make some lame comment that isn't true to try to get a rise outta me.

But the worst is still to come, as he gets ready to leave.
"I'm gonna be busy for the months of August, September and October." (he's referring to work)
This is me missing the connection as to why I'd care....*shrugs*"Okay."
"So, I thought you should know."
Again...uh..confused... *shrugs* "Okay."
"well, I won't see the kids that much. If there's a weekend or something that I can't take the kids, you'll know why".
Ahhhh, now I get it -we're covering our butt. Making more sense, seeing as he knows that 'date' of mine could be happening during those months.
*shrugs* "Okay."
silence. Maybe he was trying to pick a fight. ??
"well," he continues, " I may not be seeing them during the week much either." And I simply reply, "Okay. But you know, it's not me that would care." (referring to it being the kids that would care, because, let's be honest, in my head, I'm not depending on him to do much ANYTHING) He shrugs, and walks out the door.

?? just me, or was that an attempt to get me riled up??

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

definately an attempt to get you going.... good for you for not biting !!!!
Wish I had your patience and restraint ..
And..... even though its a ways off... I REALLY hope your date is AWESOME