Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Windows Of Heaven

Good ol' Fraulein Maria quoted it most famously:
Where God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.

Right now, I'm putting my faith in that window.

Chris called me yesterday morning, and asked how I was doing. "Fine, how are you?" "Well, I could be better....I just got laid off."



Needless to say, if Chris doesn't make money, he doesn't pay child support. And the dayhome doesn't bring in enough revenue right now to cover my bills. SO. He arrived first thing yesterday morning and spent the day on the computer working on resumes and searching job listings. He even had a business-meeting for a few hours, too. He'll be back this morning. (He doesn't own a personal computer)

I am SO grateful that he isn't sitting on his butt, moping.

It's just part of the economy right now. I'm not alone in this venture, LOTS of people are losing jobs. But, oddly enough, I'm not that stressed. Even odder, Chris said he's not that stressed either. I guess we're just given a new type of peace amidst this, and again, I'm grateful.

I know it is prepping me for a new path-- something is gonna happen because of this, and even if it's a hard path, I know it leads somewhere better. Odd, because I can't think of WHAT it leads to, or even WHY I feel that way. It's just another feeling of 'peace' that came from out of nowhere. I'll take it, though.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't realize Canada was having economic woes too.
I will send all my good thoughts that something comes through for him.

EmmaP said...

i totally understand! and...it's not a feeling of peace that came from out of nowhere... not exactly. and you, my dear deserve some peace in your life right now. fingers crossed for you...

deb@virginia blue said...

MAJOR scary couple of days in our house, too...but I know exactly where you're coming from as far as believing that current events are leading to something better.

Since I'll be doing so much praying ANYWAY right now, I'll throw your name in there along with ours...cuz I love you like that! ♥

Jillene said...

Prayers coming your way. I am sure that things will be fine. Just keep doing what is right and Heavenly Father will bless you.

Alison said...

Good job. Just don't forget to come back and review this post every once in a while when perspective starts to get hazy as it usually does. Here? You are right on track :)

Unknown said...

take the peace and run with it, my love.

it's well deserved after times like these.

glad your ex isn't a lay about...mine always had a job, but only did bare minimum. i had to waitress part time so he could play online war games instead of working one overtime shift per month.

but i'm totally not bitter.

andy:)

love ya Debbi

Claudine said...

I`ll be praying for you too, but something popped into my head about a post you did earlier about `moving`. The Lord has a plan for you Missy. And I`m glad you`re at peace, because whatever it is...it`s going to make your life so much better!

patty said...

it is difficult to be without work, hope the luck .... and too much for you ....

Hailey said...

Well I for one find this very intriguing....just a couple posts ago you were commenting about the fact you live apart - and how people mention you moving there or him moving to where you are....and then how he needs to stay where he is because of his job. Hmmm....

I too think this is a grand opportunity and am certain this will only lead to brighter paths!

I am happy to hear neither of you are *stressed* and am also grateful he is not sitting around *moping*. Yay for useful men!!!

Can't wait to hear what comes!!! HUGS to you all!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That's a good way to look at it. If you're doing everything you can, you just have to put your trust in God.

Hailey said...

let's just all have a good laugh at me mixing up Chris and Will - *rolling eyes at myself*

Nevertheless....this will work out...and still *yay to useful men* - he's certainly making the time and putting in the effort to ensure this isn't a long term circumstance.

Keep on putting faith in that window - I'll put some there too :) Crappy economy or not - I think an even better job is on the horizon :)

HUGS again....(it would appear I need more sleep. lol)

Unknown said...

It will all work out for the best, I really believe that. You have had amazing things happen in your life already, and they will keep on happening! Hold on to that peace!