Saturday, May 16, 2009

Six Word Saturday- Growth








I have a three week Countdown.


Long weekend is upon us, and I'm with child. (er, with three, actually). No super plans for this Canadian holiday, but I may get out and weed gardens, fertilize and mow grass, wash outside walls and garage floors....etc. At least, before the snow returns on Wednesday. (grumble)

yep. In my city, planting has to be done AFTER the May Long weekend, which, seems to me, to come about a week earlier this year. Alas, in spite of having a garden-related gift certificate burning a hole in my wallet, I will not be buying or planting flowers until June. :( The buying part is fine-- everyone and their dogs will be at the garden centres this weekend. But the planting part-- we're expecting to get into +25'C territory!! (for all you USA folk, that's about 77' F)

June. Wonderful, flowery June.
(all the above pictures are from my garden last year. How I can't wait for this again!)

It's taking soooooo long! And June can NOT come fast enough!

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Your garden last year was beautiful! No wonder you can't wait. Where I live, we planted the first weekend in April. Crazy, huh?

Thanks for playing.

Melissa B. said...

Flowers fill my life with joy!

EmmaP said...

those are gorgeous. i have an upcoming post about my (lack of) gardening skills... i am jealous of those who seem to have a green.

Tanis, said...

I seem to able to grow vegetables and fruit- but I can't keep a flower alive to save my life! What's the secret. (Besides waiting until June. I must try that:)