Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Wecap

(don't know if you can see, but it says Debbi *heart* Will. Will's daughter did a different one, which was way cuter, but I realized it used his real name. So we made this one just for you bloggers! Don't say I never give you anything!)


This weekend had a few interesting lessons within its pages. I'll touch on a few this week, if I find the time and motivation to write about them.

I spent the weekend again with Will. He had his children too, so the
*9* of us spent lots of time laughing and playing and enjoying each other.Saturday morning, my sister and I took our kids to her Bishop's house where they were having "Breakfast With Bishop". Complete with jammies (who wouldn't want to see their bishop in jammies?!) and breakfast and scripture study. It was a great turnout, and I spent the time helping with the bookmark craft. It was a great idea, and a good time, and who doesn't love a 'free' breakfast!?

Right after that, there was a free 'clinic' at the Firehall.



My sister and I met up with Will and his family, and the *19* of us practically overtook the whole place! There were draws for lots of free things, and let me just say, that when there's 19 people from 3 families, it's hard not to clean up on the prizes! ;)



They had a blood-typing station, and a hamburger/hot dog BBQ, and a carseat test to ensure proper installation. Which, might I just say, I passed!

(doesn't "Em" look super impressed? lol)

Then, Will and I took our blended brood to the park.




We played, went for a walk, spat loogies over the side of the bridge (by the way, that's SO a guy fascination! lol) and just in general had a relaxing afternoon together.

Sunday was wonderful. Went to church, home to his parents' house for a great lunch, and cuddled with the kids and Will.

Going home is always tough- I enjoy being with Will so much and watching him and his children interact with mine in such a heartwarming way.
I always look forward to the next time.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Mimi's face on the swing is priceless. So Mimi.

Your face on the swing is also priceless. In a completely different way. ;)

(p.s. Andrew and I totally did the 'spider' on the swings over Easter! Fun times!)

Kristi said...

eeewwww a kissing picturrrrr :p
haha, I just realized what type of smily face I put...

Carla McDaniel said...

debbi...you look so happy! i love to see that!

Jillene said...

You all look so happy!!

Hailey said...

aww a kissy pic :) Just makes me smile!!

And a blended brood of NINE!! Sounds fabulous and exciting to me!!! It must be truly awesome to see the kids interacting together so well!

What a GREAT post!!!

Rhonda said...

That's awesome. Especially the kissy facing on the swing. MMMmHMMMM!

My Many Coloured Days said...

If Marci hadn't posted about her Easter spider swing - I was going to! Cute cute.

7 kids is a lot. Yet you all look so calm and happy! Go YOU!

EmmaP said...

awesome! more kissy-face pics please!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Tanis, said...

Those are cute pics. It was fun to see you that saturday. I wished I'd stayed longer to really meet you, but I felt as bad as I looked. Maybe you'll be down here again sometime!