Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This Was the Year.

It's the last day of December. And, in previous years, I've done this meme and it's always fun to look back on. After SUCH a crazy year, these answers may prove difficult to answer, or blatantly obviously easy. Okay, here goes:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
drank alcohol

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. Every day should be a new attempt at being better, not every year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
At my age, EVERYONE is giving birth. But my sister CC did, to baby Tiny. This is her with her cousin R-guy. Cutest babes of the year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
luckily, no. Not that I recall.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada and the US.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A healthy, secure relationship

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 16th- found out about EF. June 1st- Chris moved out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
living on my 'own', losing weight, and emotionally dealing.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm not sure, but I'm sure SOMEONE will let me know! ;)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing big, no. Emotional injury was about it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The girls. The sisters. The Twins. .... b@@bapalooza.12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Wow. A HUGE list of people. Friends who lost weight and maintained healthy lifestyles; my sisters and brothers for MANY various things I'm proud of them for; my parents, their renovations, the million things they do for others; Chris' changes, his outlook; many friends having babies, changing relationships, finding themselves...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
Chris'. EFs. Some spouses of my girlfriends. Beau's.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Uh... I had money? Probably to food! These dayhome kids eat a LOT! And mortgage. On frivilous things? Clothes-- I went through many sizes this year, so I had to revamp ALL my clothes- from pants and dresses to bras and panties.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The Family Reunion in August.
(Awww. brotherly love. Slightly funny, slightly cute, and VERY disturbing!)

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
TOO MANY! I have almost a song-a-day kind of life. In general, "I Wish" -Jo Dee Messina, and "Stay"- Sugarland

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner, although, it's almost the same
iii. richer or poorer? richer in ALL ways

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
counselling, working out, playing with my kids, travelling, eating healthier

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
gossiping, Facebook

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home. In Lethbridge with family for dinner. (this has already happened, so it's kinda tough to answer for NEXT year!)

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. Over again.

23. How many one-night stands?
HAHAHAH. Seriously!? This questions makes me laugh every year. Oooh, let's answer this in a way to get people all worried...
uh...
"I never slept with anyone when Chris wasn't there!". hahaha.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Prison Break. the ONLY show I dont' answer the phone in the middle of.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I don't 'hate' people.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Five Love Languages

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Ga Ga, I guess. I love LOTS of artists, but most of them aren't new. Although Uncle Kannie introduced me to lots of good musicians while he lived here.

28. What did you want and get?
Personal clarity to find happiness, a new boyfriend, a happy relationship

29. What did you want and not get?
Personal ownership of personal decisions

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Out of this list, I haven't seen many films of 2008. FAVOURITE?? Sex and the City, the movie, I guess. Other than that, in no particular order, I saw: Baby Mama, Made of Honour, Drillbit Taylor, Fool's Gold, The Lazarus Project, Kung Fu Panda, Tinkerbell, WallE, 21, What Happens in Vegas, Madagascar 2, Ironman, Mamma Mia, The Dark Knight, and 27 Dresses.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I trick-or-treated with the kids. Chris took me to Banff for the weekend. I turned 28.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
  • I'd say "no affair", but that was in 2007 (mostly), and secondly, I think that the inner things that came out of that storm have been INCREDIBLY satisfying. I would have that pain again to have this joy and enlightenment.
  • Less care for what others think about me.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Evolving. I went from frumpy wife to thinner wife to thinner single-girl.

34. What kept you sane?
walks with the girls when I needed them the most!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i don't like celebrity/public figures like that. I guess Wentworth Miller... but not really.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The voting in the USA between Obama and McCain. The Coalition here in Canada.

37. Who did you miss?
Chris. Family.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of people this year, but lots of them I only know through computers, so we haven't really "met". People because of the TV show, mostly.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
When you listen to what your heart says, you may stand alone, but you'll live with no regrets.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am not a child now.
I can take care of myself.
I mustn't let them down now-
Mustn't let them see me cry.
I'm fine.
I'm fine.
I'm too tired to listen.
I'm too old to believe
All these childish stories.
There is no such thing as faith,
And trust,
And pixie dust.
I try,
But its too hard to believe.
I try,
But I can't see what you see.
I try.
I try.
I try.
My whole world is changing,
I don't know where to turn.
I can't leave you Baby,
But I cant stay and watch the sitting burn;
Watch it burn.
'Cause I try,
But its so hard to believe!
I try,
But I can't see where you see.
I try.
I try.
I try.

5 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

What a great list! I hope 2009 brings you more joy than you can even imagine.

deb@virginia blue said...

awww....busy, thought-provoking, year!...

i'm totally positive that 2009 is gonna totally rock for you!

why? because YOU LIKE LADY GAGA!!!

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

DEB!
I love the song lyrics that sum up your year...peter pan two?? ill have you know, thats my all time fave movie...no jokes. I make all my boyfriends watch it haha. happy new year, lets rock this one!

xx

Rach

mcdltdsy said...

GREAT list and I love you :)

deb@virginia blue said...

hey gorgeous...

i just gave you an award on my blog...it'll make you wanna "JUST DANCE!"

xoxox