Monday, December 1, 2008

A Freezer Full of Fricassees!

(okay, so Fricassees are meat-- we did NOT have MEAT cookies.. ew but it sounded better using the alliteration)


IT IS FINISHED!!!!!
The stress of the past week is over-- 14+ dozen cookies were maked, house was ..ahem.. tidied enough, and, yes, tree was REdecorated after falling down in the middle of the night THREE WHOPPING DAYS after being decorated so nicely. Sad sad sad. The cookie party was filled with old and new friends, yummy hor d'ouvres (how the heck is that spelt?!) and cookies on top of cookies!!

Now I'm down to plain and simple life- enjoying the holidays. I am done ALL the shopping (except for the stuff for Chris), and have no other 'plans' that I'm in charge of. All the parties coming up are simple just-show-up type, which is NICE! And lots and lots of dating Chris. Every weekend we are booked both nights until after New Years', so we'll have a lot of different nights of partying and playing together, dating in the perfect season.

I had a lot of fun with MC this weekend. We haven't played together for YEARS, sad to say. But I LOVED having her here for a few days. Our kids got along SWIMMINGLY-- which is really nice! And she and I went out with Becka and Chris on Friday night. Becka's SIL came along too, and the four of us girls danced and danced all night! It was so fun. Chris met up with his friends, so he wasn't the only guy amidst the four girls (not that that would have been a BAD thing for any guy!~ LOL).

My Christmas season is now "officially" started. December 1st, it's supposed to snow tonight, I have cookies in the freezer ready for company and the party is done: I always love the cookie party- this year was slightly different than previous years, but still seemed like a good time for most. Now time to plan NEXT year's party! Can I get a Woo WOO!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ;)

The cookies are awesome - true to my word, I did NOT consume all the "tasters" in my car on the way home, but shared them with my family the next day. Yay for me... hahaha!! (and my hips)

deb@virginia blue said...

sounds like the party was oooooodles of fun!!!

and how nice that you & chris will get to have some holiday fun together all month??!!...i'm jealous...i think i need a boyfriend, too! ;)

The Bullknitter said...

hors d'oeuvres, but you were close. LOL.

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

im so glad it all went well!

.x.x.

I love reading your blog lady!

Rach

zipbagofbones said...

Oh no! Total tree carnage! Those girls are so gorgeous. Enjoy the holidays!

deb@virginia blue said...

hey sugarplum!...

(yes, it's me again)

i just wanted to let you know i left you an award over at my place....*hugs*