Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Ws- Dress

Who: Sin, Babbling Brook and I
What: had a blast
Where: at the bridal store
When: last night
Why: so I could try on wedding dresses. I didn't try on dresses when I got engaged to Chris... in truth, I didn't even SEE my dress until less than 12 hours before I got married. My awesome sister and I were the same measurements, so she sewed a dress (IN A WEEK!) and fit it to her. When I arrived in Calgary from Vancouver a day before the wedding, I tried it on. It fit exactly right. Pretty cool to have a sister that selfless with her time.

But THIS time, I tried on dress after dress. It was cute to watch Babbling Brook get super super excited with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. We brought the camera, and she went to town taking photos of every dress I tried on, even pictures of the wall, the chair, the veils....

All in all, it was a fun experience. It was good to try on a bunch of different styles so I could know what TYPE of dress I'd like best.

And when they say when you find THE ONE, you just know?

Yah. We totally had that moment. It made me feel shiny. It got us allllll excited. It inspired hair accessories and visions and squeals. It's so pretty. We even tried on others AFTER that one, and nothing made me feel like that one.

Then we scoured for shoes, checked out flowers... had a total "girlie/wedding" night.
I even managed to get Will to agree to the wording for the invitations without pulling too many teeth, although, I'm pretty sure guys have a daily allotment of wedding planning before their heads explode, so that was the extent of our decisions for yesterday.


And it's Wednesday, so time for Jillybean's Word Verification Wednesday. Type in the word verification in the comment section, and make up a dictionary definition to go along with it. Play as much as you want, and if you don't like the word, just refresh the page for a new one.

Have fun!

10 comments:

Jillene said...

YAY for dress shopping!! I hope to see pics of you in it in the near future!!

Debbie Jo said...

"Plainfield, Illinois arrived from google.com on "DAISYHALOS: Even My Underwear Were Wet!" " - let me guess...they were google searching for wet underwear? ROFLMBO!!

Monsen - the undewear MONSOON!

Debbi said...

Jill- I can't show pics here. Will reads the blog. But I'll post wedding photos after the big day.

Emily said...

Gruffie -- The name of one of the 3Billy Goats.

Dress shopping is soooo much fun. Did you purchase The Dress?

Megan said...

SO fun!! Can't wait to see everything! =D

WV: thesserc

Not a stinkin clue. LOL

Debbi said...

Nope. Didn't buy it yet, Em. I don't make impulse buys, usually. And I want to check other shops and online, maybe they're cheaper.

Unknown said...

SOunds perfect...how fun!
Congratulations on the dress!

Cyndi said...

Yay for dress shopping! And YAY for babbling Brook's excitement! :)

EmmaP said...

oooh! i can't wait to get married again... you just made me realize the next time my daughter will get to go with me to pick out my dress! (I just hope that happens before I am helping HER pick out HER dress!!! - she's 9!)

Romat: [roh-mat], n. hip hop slang; intense desire between two hip-hop gangbangers who are attracted to each other. Example: Dat shorty had a ba-donka-donk dat was so fly it straight up made her a dime, yo, dat da boo wanted some of that junk in the trunk for some romat tonight, yo!

Unknown said...

i'm so excited for you! i didn't get to buy a dress for my first wedding either...my ex mother-in-law made one for me. not too shabby...but not couture either;)

glad you had a fun time...can't wait to see it.

hopefully in person!

andy:)

xoxoxoxoxoxo