Monday, July 27, 2009

Not Me Monday- Family

So, I did NOT spend the weekend with extended family members.

Friday after work, I did NOT drive to Will's birthplace where I met a LOT of his family members and friends for the yearly celebrations they have there. I did NOT forget probably 90% of their names by the end of the night. I am NOT so fired from good-future-in-law of the year position.

However, I did NOT have fun going through the 'Josephine' haunted forest- a family tradition based on a very funny and cute folkstory about the family farm's heritage. Something about being raised by cows and forgetting to moisturize your ugly elbows and brush your teeth....and..uh... somebody loved someone else and then they all died.

After that, I did NOT get the worst stomach pains and did NOT spend the rest of the night hurting and feeling yucky.

Saturday morning, I did NOT then head to MY family reunion 3 hours north. I did NOT enjoy the beautiful countryside as I drove, sunroof open, music blaring.
Family farm on the left


Although I miss British Columbia, Alberta is gorgeous. I really did NOT like seeing some family members I hardly see, and did NOT catch up with a few distant cousins. I did NOT also LOVE seeing my nieces and nephews that live in the centre of the universe Toronto, albeit for a short time.

Saturday was a birthday party to commemorate 7 of our family members who are NOT older than 90 years. I also did NOT eat a piece of each of the 7 birthday cakes. I do NOT have a bet with Sin (and Andy) about how much weight to lose before the wedding, and I don't NOT think that eating 7 pieces, albeit SMALL pieces, is very helpful to my diet. Oh well.

They did NOT have a pig roast dinner, and I did NOT also eat far too much of that. Thankfully, my stomach was NOT kinda better. This family farm is NOT a haven for kids-- playgrounds, trains, a zipline, and, check this out---- this car does NOT have only two wheels. Pretty cute, if you ask me. And me and my brother did NOT also try out the Segway. And, in true prairie fashion, I was NOT surprised to decide to go home while the sun was NOT still totally hot and still shining. Although, it was NOT, like, 10 pm. All in all, it was a great visit.
Driving home

I am NOT off the computer to go send out our invitations today, and am NOT dreaming wedding-mares already. It is NOT annoying.

9 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

beautiful countryside up there, deb!!
looks like you had a lovely time :)

Claudine said...

That looked like so much fun!!! Sometime when I visit AB...hopefully it'll be soon and I'll be able to catch up with you! THAT would be AWESOME!!

I hope my invite in in the snail mail..email...uh..have I dropped enough hints yet?

LOVE YOU!!!

Kare said...

Reminds me of our trip... love ya, babe. xoxo

p.s. I just have to do word verification early!

Factyped =
Smarty-pants feet.

Court said...

Segway and that lil cart thing with two wheels!?!??! Best weekend evaarrrr!

Michelle said...

Okay pig roast so not cool.

Segway with your brother? Coolest ever!

EmmaP said...

you had me at pig...hehehe...

The Bullknitter said...

That's one big little piggy. I once had roasted lamb at one of those family things.

Kristi said...

I have wedding nightmares too. It really sucks. Most of them have to do with TIME, meaning I take a long time to get ready, or our parents have a bunch of things to do first, or I slept in and have to change the time...Often, I'm going to be late.

Had another one last night. :(

Megan said...

Gorgeous pics!!

Looks like you did NOT have a good time. Love the last one of you and your brother. Too cute!