Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happily Ever After

The dress is bought! But that WASN'T the best part of the night.

No, NOT the dress.

I went to my final fitting. Again, not the best part.

You see, earlier in the afternoon, I was busy online, when I found a website that featured my X-weighted show. So, for the first time in, like, a YEAR, I watched the very beginning of the show, and the very end. Again, I HATED watching it, as I know what was happening behind the scenes and I hate how naive I look now. But, I like watching the physical change.

My 'before' photo I sent in with my application. Click for full fatness overload!

The other day, a publicist from the show asked me if I'd be willing to do a follow-up interview for the website they're launching in the fall with 'where are they now' information.

Of course, the first thing she asked, is did you keep the weight off? Are you still living a healthy lifestyle?

At the beginning of the show my measurements were 41.5 bust, 40 waist, 48 hips. At the end of the show, they were 35.5 bust, 32 waist, 41 hips.

It's been two years since filming began, and about a year and a half since it ended.


And last night, they took my measurements for the dress.

Last night? My measurements were 38 bust*, 32 waist, 38 hips.
The best part of the night- I knew I wasn't falling into my OLD life again. I was happy that I was a "permanently" changed person. I was happy that, when she asked me where I was now, I could report that I was divorced from Chris and engaged to be married to a wonderful, LDS man, my visions of a large family would come true, Will loves me no matter WHAT the scale says, and I was happy and healthy. It's happily ever after, and it hasn't even officially started yet.


*bust is obviously not the same- but that's understandably easily explained.

14 comments:

Brandi said...

woo-wee! you look so amazing now...and very happy! :)
good for you, that's a great accomplishment to lose weight and be able to keep it off...and think about the healthy habits you are passing along to your family, bonus!!

Jillene said...

WHOO HOO!!

Unknown said...

YAY! That's fantastic. I love all of this. I LOVE YOU.

deb@virginia blue said...

you're beautiful...
as will be your new life!

M said...

Ok you almost had me crying reading that!! You look great! (PS your dress must be amazing because if that is not the one, and you look wicked in it, you must knock em dead in the real one!!!

Megan said...

That's awesome!! Congrats! =D

{so, uh, did you have a boob job or something?}

Anonymous said...

I just watched your episodes of x-weighted...YOU ARE AMAZING!!! It had nothing to do with the weight externally you were holding, but the issues you dealt with inside. You are beautiful both inside and out..and now you radiate with your new found love of life! You are an inspiration~

Claudine said...

You know how I feel...and I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see you in the dress!

Congrats on ALL your successes and I LOVE YOU!!

Ser happy!!!

mskaz said...

I think your "where are they now" is going to be one of the best ever. So much more than the weight, all the emotional weight gone too. I'm really, really happy for you and the place you are at right now. Your happily ever after is going to be awesome.

Lynn said...

I totally was going to say the same thing as mskaz.
So happy for you that the emotional weight and baggage has been kicked to the curb! You radiate happiness......."Men (mankind) are that they might have joy". I think you are in that place. Total and complete joy.
Can't wait to see the REAL dress. LOL!

Kristi said...

Now, THAT is an episode I will be watching, whether my own sister starred in it or not! TRULY awesome!!

Grand Pooba said...

That is awesome! You are one hot mamma!

So are you going to do the "where are they now segment"?

I have to say, I am a little dissapointed that you allowed yourself to gain about 3 inches in your bust. ;o)

Unknown said...

What an amazing story, I had no idea. It must have all happened before I found your blog. You look great, and I would love the link to watch the show. Weight loss is always very inspiring to me.

EmmaP said...

ok, i have heard you talk about x-weighted before... but I must be S-L-O-W... i never realized you were ON IT!!! now I will have to google it! how amazing!!!