Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My To-Do List

Do you know how many things need to get done for a wedding???

We have limited time to get it all done in. Which, in THIS short of time, is tough enough. But with moving and school and all that ON TOP of what is going on by then-- yikes. Even more stressful. My first wedding, we were engaged and married in a week. We had lots of people help pull off a quick wedding for $1000.00! Dress, rings and food for 75 included. But this one isn't like that... so:

  • Make the guest list
  • Fight over who is important enough for the list.. and by fight, I mean with our family members who think Gramma's brother's married-uncle Sam needs an invitation. Although no one has spoken to him for a decade.
  • Take a new photo for the invitations (or do we just use one we already have, since we have a MILLION to pick from?)
  • Print up the photos
  • Make the invitations
  • prune the guest list
  • Find addresses for all those people you don't usually send mail to, like Uncle Sam. (you knew you were gonna lose that fight, right? right? )
  • throw away the guest list and start a new one
  • Find addresses for all those people you send mail to, but have been facebooking with for years instead
  • Forget the frikken invitations and send out a mass email on Facebook. Or better yet, start a Facebook group! lol (I hate those wedding group pages)
  • Try on dresses
  • Cry at how fat you feel in the dresses, storm out of store because you're IRATE that their sizes MUST be wrong
  • Go on immediate water diet
  • try on dresses again
  • Find a dress out of your price range
  • Consider paper bags, or duct tape (WHAT THE?)
  • Go online and find the dress second-hand, cheaper
  • Get the dress in the mail to find it's Purple
  • Change your wedding colours to purple.
  • Find flowers you LOVE LOVE LOVE.... but they only come in red
  • Find shoes- they come in orange only.
  • get the food figured out
  • decide a wedding is too much work, elope 2 days before the wedding date, and tell everyone their invitations must have had a typo.
Yep.
Will, I love you, but who's idea was this?! ( haha.)

18 comments:

Kristi said...

hahahahahahahaha, I loved this! It's how I FEEL sometimes! Except, my dress wasn't purple. everything else was pretty much bang on. BTW I have some addresses. (Also, you may wanna prune the first sentence)

Grand Pooba said...

Oh Debbie, however stressful planning a wedding may be, I would love to do it! I only wish I could go back and re-do my wedding. I LOVE Weddings!

A purple dress with orange shoes? That's awesome, who cares right?

Do people really creat a Facebook group for their weddings? Isn't that a little tacky? Even for me!

deb@virginia blue said...

I'm a big fan of the elopement philosophy!! Whatever you decide, though, I'm sure everything will turn out perfectly...

you're long overdue!

Claudine said...

I find planning a wedding stressful but fun.
Oh wait...that's planning someone else's wedding!!

Enjoy! I really hope I get an invite!

Anonymous said...

I got kind of stressed just reading your list, darlin'! I'm sure you'll look GORGEOUS in your dress.

Unknown said...

i would be so loaded on ativan if i had a month to plan a wedding.

if there is ANYTHING, except giving you money;), that you would like to pawn off on unsuspecting and totally OCD me...fill your boots.

just 'cause i'm awesome and full of love today.

andy

Brandi said...

wow.
you have just made me re-hash some old memories of my wedding preparations...and i was SO not prepared to go there! boo!

although i enjoy being married, getting married was stressful and painful and i felt much pressure to do things, that under life's normal circumstances, i would never do. anyways, i hope that you guys enjoy your planning, no matter how stressed and hurried it seems. i also hope that you two (and your families) have many special days in your future, not just your wedding day!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh sister..I wish I were closer to go dress shopping together, dye your shoes the right colour, write to Uncle Sam, make a Facebook group (gag), print photos and do whatever else I could do together!!! It will all work out. Just try to simplify if possible.

And ordering a dress online isn't all that bad--I did it! haha.

Also, I've kept all the addresses from our wedding for Uncle Same and whomever else. Need any of them? All of them? Would happily send whomever you need. (And I just might be faster than M&D. :P)

Itworksforbobbi said...

LOL! Phew - I'm exhausted just READING this! Glad it's you, not me.... and congrats, btw ;)

Nikki said...

Lady, that is why there is a temple in Hawaii...

Carla McDaniel said...

hey you...
again...congrats!!! :) I am so happy for you.
Wedding planning doesn't have to be stressful??? You can do it...and you have lots of people who can help. Including me!!!
love ya

Heather May said...

I like the bottom picture in the middle. Kissing in the swing....

Alison said...

me? i have the next one all planned. immediate family only at the ceremony and then have a huge casual bbq AFTER the honeymoon for everyone else. just relaxed, just about us. new temple dress for the ceremony that I will wear every other time we go, and fun/funky cocktail type dress for bbq. def in a bright color. the second time is all about the fun right? whatever you decide, make it perfect for the two of you...and get a pro photographer. love you hun ;)

Kristi said...

Funny, Alison...that's how I'm planning my wedding! except the same party/wedding dress for lunch and casual open house.

Kat said...

Hey I like the eloping to Hawaii idea!!! Weddings are so overrated...however, when it is the right person it tends to be a great wedding because you really dont care what goes wrong, after going through a divorce, you will just be so happy to be with the right person...guess I should know since I have had few weddingss...hee hee, good luck and you know if you need any help, i am here too!:)

Megan said...

LOL Wow. Yeah. That's a lot to do. Good luck!! I'm sure it will all come together in the end and be fan-frickin-tabulous! =D

EmmaP said...

again... laughing out loud. just go with a Willy Wonka or Candyland theme and then you CAN have all of those colors! ;)

i sooooo know what you mean. my 1st wedding was on a shoe-string budget, so much so there wasn't even enough left over for the shoe strings! i know a couple that did an internet invite. i think anything goes... (except for YOU, Uncle Sam! hehehe)

Anonymous said...

Debbi, you totally HAVE to use the shot of you and Will at Hooters for your invite ;)