Thursday, July 9, 2009

Finding Answers

Yesterday Will and I spent a day in medication 'meditation' (well, 'round these parts, as much meditation as can be had with 9 children running around-- but as we read: Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. ~Victor Hugo, Les Misérables, 1862: . Yesterday was a day of prayer and fasting. For me, it was a day to find answers and peace and assurance that the pathways I'm on right now are leading me in the right direction.

For those of you non-LDS (not mormon people), fasting in my faith is believed to be VERY powerful. It is a strong plea and sacrifice to God for answers/peace/health. Usually, fasting is taking NOTHING by mouth VL (water or food) for a 24-hour period, beginning and ending with a prayer and a purpose. I have fasted for various things, and not once have my prayers been unheard or unanswered. Usually, I've been blessed enough that the answers are also expediently given. I have seen miracles happen. Fasting works.

Interestingly enough, yesterday was the hardest fast I can ever remember having. The temptation to break the fast early only confirmed in my heart that the things I was asking for were righteous and likely NOT what the adversary wanted me to get answers to.

I think there were some answers given in the middle of the day. Some before bed. Some are yet to come.

Now, I just wait with faith.
I feel lucky to have such a powerful resource at my fingertips.

Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things. ~Samuel M. Shoemaker

7 comments:

Alison said...

I pray that you'll get those answers sooner rather than later and that above all, you will have the peace that comes from knowing you are on the path you are meant to be on. Love you sista!

Organic Meatbag said...

I think that if I had to fast and pray, I would be praying for the fast to end very quickly...

Anonymous said...

Amen!

You are on the right path, and definitely using the right resource. Keep it up.

Debbie Jo said...

I just love you Debbi! I can't tell you how seeing you so happy brings me much joy! I see Will, a happy man too, even if I only saw him briefly, I can totally tell you two are the "shiz-natch" of couples. Now, only if your house will sell quickly, all will fall into place. :)

Jillene said...

You are SO doing the right things!! Fasting and praying are 2 of the best things you can do to get the answers that you are looking for!!

Unknown said...

i love that you and Will seek the right answers to your lives instead of running headfirst into the unknown.

as one of them "not a mormon" people, i respect your beliefs and appreciate the strength it gives you. draw comfort from your faith...i know you've felt really weighed down lately.

hang in there sister!

andy:)

p.s. i love you to bits.

Wendy said...

Thank you for the little insight into what fasting means in terms of the Mormon faith. I found it so wonderfully peace-filled and simultaneously inspirational to hear you speak of such a connection. Blessings to you and may the answers that are yet to come arrive at a time that brings you more confirmation of your wonderful beliefs.