Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Need A Nap

I am exhausted.

I'm tired from cleaning. Tired from having my sleep schedule off-kilter. Tired of no routine-- I thrive best on stability and routine and consistency. I'm tired of hoping for a showing to produce something good. Tired of reminding myself not to hope. Tired of having that last 10-minute freak-out of trying to clean while the kids are making an equal amount of work in another area of the house. Tired of being STUCK at home because of car seats.

I'm tired of weeds in the garden. (okay, not really a valid complaint, but while I'm on a roll)

I'm tired of answering the same question with more questions-- "where are you moving to"? I don't know. "When?" I don't know. "Do you have a house already?" I don't know.. (okay, NO, not really, but kinda sorta..hard to explain) "What are you going to do when you move for work, another dayhome?" I don't know.

Tired of Exes. Tired of shaking my head at exes who read the blog EVERY DAY. Tired of money-talks with Chris. Tired from our mediation this morning where I just want to spout obscenities at him and become one of those types of exes, but instead I wear myself out just biting my tongue. Tired of feeling like I have to fix every problem that HE inflicts on my life. Tired of being told that things aren't fair. Tired of not knowing what the next months and years hold in regards to Chris. Tired of hearing about him going back to school. About his lack of employment. About his stress levels....
join the club, bucko.

I'm tired of kids. Some kids are here for almost 12 hours. Some are a LOT of work. Most are good, but the dynamics of 11 kids is tiring. I'm tired of my OWN kids. I am ready for a weekend off (after two weekends WITH the kids to even out the month later). I'm tired of stopping arguments and listening to whining. I'm tired of their disrespect and back-talking recently. I'm tired of being 100% solely responsible for their spirituality. It's exhausting, albeit awesome, to think about activities and scripture stories and such EACH WEEK for FHE and each NIGHT, even when Sin and her family help. In truth, I'm tired of not seeing my friends much lately, either.

I'm tired of the emotional roller coaster on dating after divorce. The fears. The insecurities. The excitement. I'm tired of a long-distance relationship with Will. I'm tired of being without him.

I'm ready for a nap. I can't wait for things, which seem all up in the air right now, to finally come together in the next little while.

And, there's a LOT of good things in my life right now. LOTS. So, this is just a post to say...
I'm tired.

14 comments:

EmmaP said...

i'm tired, and reading about you being tired, makes me more tired. hehehe... i am tried of waiting for answers... ANY answer. I just want an answer. Take a valium or something and take a nap... tee hee. here's bloggy loves & hugs coming your way ;)

Alison said...

I get it. I sooo get it. Hang in there hun...

Grand Pooba said...

Oh girl, you need a nap!

Wait, did I read right, 11 kids?

11 KIDS?

I hope you get some well deserved rest soon.

Annelie said...

I so hear you on this one, like you would not believe! Hang in there, and I'll do the same :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Please forgive me?

Debbi said...

Anon, I can't forgive what I don't know. You need a name for me to know whom I'm forgiving and for what.

Asking for forgiveness without the humility of adding your name to it isn't very genuine or heartfelt, in my books. There is no restitution here.

If you feel like you've wronged me, based on this post, it's likely I have already forgiven you.

Tanis, said...

Oh I'd be tired to if I had that much to worry about. Just focus on the positive and give as little thought to the other stuff as possible. Good luck!

Brandi said...

oh you poor thing! i hope, really hope you get answers, peace, and rest very soon!

zipbagofbones said...

Oh my! Dude, I feel a smidgen of you pain. Divorce is HELL, and I didn't have kids with my ex. Hang in there and get yourself a nap!

Nikki said...

Dang - I'd be tired too. And possibly medicated. We just need the sun to start shining again, it wouldn't hurt, right?

Jillene said...

Sounds like you REALLY need a nap. A 2 day one!!

Dorienne said...

Amen. I'd be tired too. Well, I am tired. It is all going to come together in the end. Look at how much has come together for you so far! Hang in there.

patty`s said...

support your tired, I'm also tired of all ...... it is often a good idea to find a lonely place to be able to shout with all his might .... or at the train station....

Anonymous said...

You know, I am resentful to Chris and he isn't even my ex. I have never really liked him much (sorry, even when you were married) and this just adds fuel to my fire - which isn't even my fire to put out.