Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Ws and Word Verification Wednesday

For More Word Verification Wednesdays, visit Jillybean at Thou Shalt Not Whine and play along.


Who: Me
What: wants to introduce "Will"
Where: here on the blog
When: right now!
Why: because the time has come. The time is now. :) (points for those who know the book that's from)

I mentioned a few posts ago how I went on a date and said I'd talk more about it later. Well, here it is. :) I've been dating Will for a while now. It was a tough thing for me to tell anyone about for a few reasons: One, I knew that dating anyone so quickly after Chris runs the risk of a serious rebound issue. And Two, I'm still legally married. But, mostly, Three, because Will is awesomely incredible and I didn't want to share him.

1) serious rebound? No. I admit, I worried about that, quite intensely, for about a week. It was during that week, and subsequent weeks and dates later, that I realized that there was a very definite reason that Will came into my life when he did. Situations out of my control. Timing was everything. There were spiritual moments that showed me that this is the right path at the moment. I can't explain it. I don't need to. What I feel, spiritually, never needs explaining to anyone.

2) Still legally married. This is a big deal to me, as many of you 'old followers' would know. When Chris left last summer, it was deep in my mind that, no matter what, I was not going to be a hypocrite and 'cheat' on my marriage. Having said that, Will and I were friends before we were 'dating'. We are both going through our own divorces, and we became sounding boards for our trials in that process. MOST of the time, we were talking about our soon-to-be exes, and what went wrong on either side. But, there was something about him that made me realize this friend was amazing. Do I need to date him to have that friendship-- nope. And I love that. In telling my bishop about it, I realized that dating him wasn't inherently WRONG in the way of black and white that most people see it. But there are a lot of people who believe we shouldn't date because we're both still legally married. They will be happy to know, that, truth be told, we're not 'dating' the same way anymore anyways. Because we CAN wait until our marriages are through. So, at this time, Will is my incredibly astounding friend who can't wait to date me! ;) And I him. We still talk. We still build our relationship. We just do it at a physical distance. Will lives 2 hours away anyways, and since I have my kids around most of the time(who aren't allowed to meet any potential suitors for 3 months of serious dating anyways) us dating is difficult as it is.

3) And three. Sharing Will with you all scares me. Putting something special out there for people to 'attack'. But, in order for my new story to emerge, you need to know about him. He's a main player now.

Will has been the best spiritual, non-family male influence on me that I've ever known. Honestly, ever. And whatever his role is in my life, for the present time, I'm happy to have him in the way he's in it today. God put him here for now. To teach me about the other sides of divorce, about what marriage should be, and about being the right person in order to get my goals.

And, for right now, I'm working on me. It's the next step. I don't need to think about my future with or without Will. My progression in today's path will eventually show me the right direction for the next paths.

So, without further adieu, meet Will. He's awesome.


My word Verification: (don't forget to play along in the comments!)
Unpigd - (Verb)- to learn manners. Also see: for a female to get divorced. (lol)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

fealom - when you use your hands to touch a person.

Love you.

Kim said...

Congratulations on Will. You seem to have a good grasp on how you want things to progress. It is always nice to have a good friend to share things with :o)

Itworksforbobbi said...

Awww... what a cutie! And Will's not bad either! ;)

conspanq - Friday night fun at the State penitentiary!

Anonymous said...

reherses: when she takes things back from you.

And I love Bobbi-Jo's!! ROFL

genkibond said...

"Why: because the time has come. The time is now. :) (points for those who know the book that's from)"


my guess is "Marvin K Mooney, will you please go now.

Debbi said...

Good job, Genki.

BobbiJo, that one made me laugh!

Jillene said...

I am so happy for you Debbi!! He looks like a great guy!!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh Will is adorable! What a sweetheart!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

You both look happy, which is the whole big deal. ;) Well-wishes sent your way for this relationship and moving forward with your wonderful life.

deb@virginia blue said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
He definitely earns 2 thumbs up from me =)


unrepl: to attract bugs and mosquitos

zipbagofbones said...

He's hunky! Good for you lady. Gray and I started dating when I was still married. Sometimes it just works that way.

"plize" - when you win a contest that promises a GRAND PRIZE, and then find out you get a new Sharpie. Lies about a prize.

Beauty of Expression said...

Great to see you have someone wonderful in your life. I am so proud that you are making positive changes in your life. It takes a lot of courage.

eleces; fleecey jammies for the feminine elephant. (In stores now)

Anonymous said...

Three Cheers for Will!!! HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY!! And of course to you, Debbi - for being aware enough of yourself to tread your path with caution and honesty...and excitement for what's to come.

I am ecstatic to see where it leads you....I can only imagine how incredible life will be :)

Yay to fabulous friends. And can I just say I love will already, simply for being that for you!!

Annelie said...

I'm so happy for you! You deserve someone great!

Michelle said...

Will is quite handsome. I am very happy that you are finding happiness!
Poreabi~My skins alibi.

holymotherofgod said...

Welcome to our world Will =)
Welcome welcome welcome !!!

holymotherofgod said...

syches

...forgot to include my word verification there.
SYCHES- variation of PSYCHS or SIKE as the urban dictionary says =P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sike

mskaz said...

Aside from all his other fine qualities that guy looks like he'd be great at slow dancing to Chicago. Keeper!

Citypo: Just kind of different than ruralpo.

Debbi said...

not speaking from experience, hey Kaz!? lol I mean, seriously, dancing really well to Chicago is a DEFINITE must in my books anyways.

Anonymous said...

At my age dancing to anything is an achievement..nothing like a young hot chick, WiLL ing to dance and be by yor side forever..Just dont let go of him..he breaks easy :)

mcdltdsy said...

You guys look cute together... really naturally looking!!! I LOVE YOU

Life is Majik said...

I'm really happy for you!!! Life is crazy, but there is meaning in the events that transpire. You look happy and happy is good!