Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Post on Perks

I have exactly 3 minutes to post right now.

It's crazy busy, I have a lot going on in my head, and THREE times that much going on in the dayhome.

But today,
I got to be there for someone's first lost tooth.

Maybe that's insignificant to others, but when it's not my child, I'm glad that I get to be there for that moment. To celebrate them, to save the tooth for Mommy to see, and to watch the joy in their eyes when they first look in the mirror at the new, grown-up gummy smile. And, of course, I love the three-year-olds who then inform me that THEIR teeth are 'wiggly'. Love that.

I honestly melt a little inside. It's THAT good.

8 comments:

Jillene said...

I LOVE the Jack-O-Lantern smiles!! And I have a 3 year old who does the same thing. She is convinced that all of her teeth are loose!!

Grand Pooba said...

Awwww! Plus the toothfairy!

Debbi said...

I know- it was totally cute. Mom came to get him, and he showed her. She was sooo excited too, and turned to me and thanked me with a huge smile on her face! I loved it. What a joy to be part of that moment for them!

Annelie said...

Wow, your job is awesome, huh?

Glad you got the book. I hope you'll like it!

Call Me Cate said...

I love that it means something to you. If I had little guys, I'd want their care person to feel it's important too.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, so cute- and what a relief to know you can fall asleep without the fear of forgetting to slip the good under the pillow later!

Debbi said...

I know, I get all the joy, AND I get to keep my coins! ;)

Alison said...

Hi Debbi, I don't know if you remember me but I'm sure you remember my sister Heather Bourne. Well, I have a quick question for you that I hope you don't mind answering. I am wondering who you went through for your divorce? I find myself in need of those services ;) My whatchamacallit and I are also getting along really well - no super-drama. Anyways if you want you can just click on my name and it will take you to my blog where you can post a comment to let me know what you know :) That is if you don't mind?! Thanks and good luck with 'Will' - can't wait to get out there myself again soon!!