Monday, March 2, 2009

Chapter Books

I finished "Twilight". It was a good book, sure. I love when you finish a chapter and you're soooo excited to start the new one. But I was glad to finish it and completely excited to move on to the next book! There's nothing like moving on.

And so...as much as I was prepared to keep things to myself about this, I went on a date this weekend. In fact, my FIRST date with this guy was last week. And lemme just say, I had an AWESOME, amazing time.

Chris knows. Some of my siblings have met him. Some extended family knows. And some other friends know. So now, all the blogosphere knows too.

Dating is a crazy feeling. It's exciting and TERRIFYING at the same time. But dating after divorce takes on a whole new gamut of 'baggage'. Kids. Fears. Pain. Exes. So many things that you don't 'get' unless you've been there.

For example, check out Mindless's blog post here.

Soon I'll talk about this further. But I thought I'd bring out the next chapter of this blog-- a new chapter. Things with Chris will still be a huge focus of things in my life for a few years more, I know. But, as he stated, "I'm moving on". And part of that means leaving a few things behind. Not everything, but the pain- yes.

Just EF left to go. I've 'cleaned house' of things that remind me of Chris or EF or both. New sheets, new couches, new dayhome kids, new friends. I finally feel like, as hard as it is for me to let go of things sometimes, I'm putting part of the past year behind me. At least, as much as I can.

So, now I start book two.

13 comments:

Our Family Adventure said...

I am so excited for you. May you find contentment. YAY!

Jillene said...

How exciting!! Let's hope that Book 2 has a better ending for you!!

Grand Pooba said...

Great littel comparison there! And GOOD FOR YOU!

Michelle said...

I can hardly wait to follow along!
Good for you Deb!

PS my word verification is CHAMP. Yep, that's you!

EmmaP said...

Ok- yay for you on the date. We should compare notes more often. Btw, I had to buy all new bedding too...

Anonymous said...

Love you, love you, love you. No more words.

Claudine said...

I loved this post! It made smile so HUGE!!
I love you so much...LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!
I'd scream it if you could hear me!

Enjoy book number two! The best is yet to come!!

mcdltdsy said...

LOVE you.. great post. I'll be calling for details :)

Debbie Jo said...

Aw, that is so exciting!! I'm so giddy for you!

mskaz said...

I like this. I like it a lottttt.

Anonymous said...

I guess I am the only one who is not on your dating bandwagon this time around, Deb.

As much as I am really happy to see you moving on and excited about dating others....I think you should actually be officially DIVORCED first before dating anyone.

I think the time alone would do you some personal good as you continue to make progress on your own. Use the time to improve and heal youself first. Give your kids some time to adjust too before bringing other men into your (and their) lives.

No one likes to be alone. But you have great 'sisters' in your life to sustain you as you make this transition official. My 2 cents.

Debbi said...

Yes, Anon. I am truly debating between what you say and what's going on. I know I'm still married to Chris. And it's something I'm struggling with myself.

however, there's been a few very spiritual moments that have confirmed that this is a path I should not fight. I can't explain or defend it. And I don't need to.

Remember, I HAVE taken lots of time to be alone. Chris didn't JUST leave-- he left last June. I've 'been alone' for 8 months. You saw him 'come back', but that, too, was part of me making 'progress on my own' like you suggest.

Seriously, I think like you. As does the guy I'm dating. We're cautious. We're both healing and improving ourselves. We are friends first. Friends who understand. As for my kids-- they aren't really being subjected to my dating just yet-- yes, they met him, but they met him as a friends' family member, not as a guy I'm dating. So, they aren't exposed to anything along those lines. Chris and I are VERY concerned about that, so again, I'm on the same page as you.

The only thing you and I differ in, is you don't know what spiritual leaders have said to me about this. You don't know REALLY what's going on.

But thank you for being kind in what you said. I appreciate that a lot-- blogging about this was scary for me for exactly the reasons above-- being still legally married.

Annelie said...

I'm so happy for you, moving on when you need to is so freeing!
Good for you!