Monday, March 23, 2009

Peace and Good Will :)

So, it's Monday. Spring Break for most kids. And most kids are here at the house. Today we're at 10. Which is good for the money, but bad for my carpets! :) And not so good for the permanent marker the kids found and coloured my doors and walls with. We'll be taking out stock in Mr. Clean Magic Erasers by the end of the week! Thankfully, in spite of what I just wrote, I have a good list of kids, so I am able to find a few minutes to update the blogosphere on my most AMAZING weekend with Will and Sin and Vegan.

I am just loving every minute with him, and find myself happier than I've been in a long time. Happier with him, yes, but happier with ME. Who I am. I'm a person I've never been before, and it's an indescribably good thing. I'm learning things about myself and just... loving this whole process. It's fun to date, yes, but this is more than just that. It's a whole new level for me in any relationship I've ever had; a spirituality in a relationship that makes me FINALLY 'get it'. Things I remember my mother saying when I was young make much more sense now. Hard for most to understand, but for me, huge steps forward. I have never been 'this girl', and finally overcoming that girl I used to be is monumental in my heart.

Hockey game on Friday. Saturday, to church bookstores and Peter's Drive In and grocery stores and movies and cuddles and making dinner and hours of conversations. Sunday, attending church with him beside me, talking with Bishops and friends and spending lots of time with family, falling asleep with him beside me while watching TV with Sin and Vegan.

Funny, at church someone saw Will and said "Hello Will." Only thing is-- that's not his name! He laughed, and kinda thought maybe we should let my friends know his REAL name, seeing as how he'll be coming to church with me more often. So we giggled at the Blogmarted moment, and told our friend his real name for PROPER introductions. We all thought it was cute. *In case you guys didn't know, The only people with "REAL" names on this blog are Chris and I, (and one non-descript person who I didn't care to make a fake name for)*


Being there for "sad" times, holding each other. Laughing and playing, throwing snowballs or even just giggling over yoga poses with Sin and Vegan in the front room. Inside jokes and precious moments. Great friends.


In short, nothing gets better than a weekend like this.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you Deb! I'm glad you had a great weekend. You deserve it!

Our Family Adventure said...

Love it. I don't think your smile can get any bigger! ;o)

Anonymous said...

What kind of dummy would call him Will? Ha ha! Thanks for straightening me out! You look radiant with him.

Jillene said...

YIPPEE!! Looks like you are over the hurdle!! I am so glad that you are so happy and content with yourself!!

Beauty of Expression said...

I am so happy to see you glowing!
You look great, feel great...wow..now I am glowing..haha

Loves

Kristi said...

Dang, _I_ was going to write that you looked really good in those pictures! I really should call you, but when I remember, it's not when you're at home. Plus, having so many kids probably isn't a time to 'chat' like we do.

Erin said...

I am FULL of happiness for you!! I have had this "A-ha" moment & know the pure joy it brings (dated/engaged to a non-member for 6 years in my early days. I had COMPLETELY given up on the "ideal" - it just wasn't for me, you know?)

Finding my way back to the path & THAT kind of relationship...

Enjoy. It is awesome.

mcdltdsy said...

Looking amazing Debbi!!!!! Happy, beautiful... I love it :)

Grand Pooba said...

LOL! So I guess this means "Will" reads your blog? I was wondering if he or your ex knew abot your blog.

Unknown said...

Okay,....you are both totally glowing!! You look so happy and amazing. What a great weekend.

mskaz said...

Oh poor Dorienne! Hahah. I should have filled her in. Too funny. You and whateverhisnameis look cute together. Nice to see you both so happy.

Debbie Jo said...

two words: WOOT WOOT!

Hehe I love ya babe!