Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Thursday

Today I:

  • got 4 hours of sleep. DANG IT, having an awesome friend like Will and talking on the phone until 2 am is KILLING my sleep patterns!! (worth it)
  • celebrate good friends who are there for hugs when I need/want one. Good church leaders who love me. Good kids.
  • Folded 8 loads of laundry
  • practised the piano (something I RARELY do because I can't hear the kids playing in the other room-- but with older kids here, I know the little ones are being 'entertained'. And by entertained, I mean dressed up into crazy 'baby' outfits and shoved into play strollers. Funtimes had by all.)
  • Am currently watching, and fed 10 kids lunch. Yes, Spring break started today, so all the school-aged kids are here too. Hence the fast post-- I don't have a lot of time to blog because they're given 'screen time' equally and I'm sure I'm gonna get kicked off my computer for going past my allocated time slot! :)
  • rebooked Chris' parenting course (kinda-- he rebooked, I just helped) because we originally booked it on a weekend that he had the kids. Dumb us.
  • Vacuumed the main floor
  • Put the dayhome kids to slave labour and they cleaned the basement. (not a small task!)
  • Potty trained a 1 yr old. Amazingly, she's been 100% today. Touch wood. (VL)
  • Only dealt with ONE injury-- blood isn't too bad if it doesn't get on my carpet! ;)

Today I WILL:
  • Continue to read the third Twilight book. I think it's called New Moon? No? uh...Eclipse? Or Breaking Dawn. ONE of those.
  • Take Bear to Beavers, pick Bear UP from Beavers
  • Shop for something "green" to share (foodwise) for 8GV night tonight-- suggestions?
  • cook dinner
  • put said folded laundry AWAY
  • clean. Clean. Clean.
  • Stop a million fights that are BOUND to occur soon. It's been FAR too peaceful around here this morning.
  • write in my paper journal (I'm doing that everyday now-- man, I forgot how much I missed that. It is the BEST way for me to really dig deep into the person I am and why I act the way I do, what I think spiritually, and what my weaknesses are. )
  • POSSIBLY get my tax stuff together to drop off at the accountant's.
  • Apologize to my blog readers that I may not be around much in the week to come, seeing as it's Spring Break and there's too many kids here to be on a computer for too long. I'll be busy cleaning up. Constantly. And entertaining older kids with crafts or outings or whatever. So blog posts for the next week may suck-- fair warning.
  • THANK all the non-lurkers who outed themselves yesterday. I loved checking out your blogs and will visit again.

2 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

you are hellu busy today! all i gotsta do is finish work and go to sleep.

holymotherofgod said...

You are a busy bee! Me too sadly. I confess I am working my butt off lately on a long work stretch, unpacking and putting away the house, yada yada. Looking fwd to this weekend and putting my feet up for a few days. Fuzzy slippers and flannel HERE I COME!!!

My word verification

"volmou"
the amount of space one has within their mouth
... or something.