Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Tunes Returns in '09

It's been a month of Sundays, but, back by popular demand.

A few of my latest tunes to run to. Yes, they're old, but they're good running songs.

Single Ladies-Beyonce (might I add, I'm glad I'm not watching the video to this song while I run, as it drives me BONKERS!!! WHO WEARS THAT CRAP in public?!!)

Gotta Get Through This- Daniel Beddingfield (funny when you're running to think "gotta get through this." Yes, it may be about something SO NOT RUNNING, but uh, who listens to the verses anyways!?)

Faith- Limp Bizkit (totally takes me back! It may be just me, but sometimes 'angrier' sounding songs make me feel all powerful and crap and I get all Rocky 5 on that pavement's butt)

Right Type Of Mood- Herbie (try to figure out the lyrics-- that'll take you a good few miles. good luck! lol)

Greyhound- Dave Barnes' (something about travel songs while I run make me think: I could be a bus. Or a tank. Or a really nice 5th wheeler with extendable walls! )

Rumors- Lindsay Lohan (uh. so what if I like this song?! I didn't say I liked the artists in ANY of these lists. So you know!)


But I'm looking to branch out a bit. Here's where I use you ask you politely to help. What's YOUR favourite 'runamillionmilesuntilyouseriouslycan'tfeelyourlegs
anymorebutmustkeepgoingbecauseifyoudon'tyou'll
freezetodeathoutside' songs?



~~~~*~~~~*~~~~~

And you know how on THIS POST, I was supposed to quote lyrics to a song to sum up my life in 08? Yah, I found a better song. You Will Be Waiting- Barenaked Ladies

Let's personalize it even more than I already have. So, walk with me. We're imagining. (fun, hey?!) Chris saying to me:

As we walk together through the autumn, nearing winter
Through the dying leaves and trees we call our home and native land,
You say you don't believe a thing I say, I say you don't believe a thing
You say you can't believe how I don't understand

Chorus:
But I Know
That you will be waiting
Oh I know
That you will be waiting
Oh I know
You Will be waiting
Waiting there for me

You say you cannot live with me, you need your own identity (yep)
And now we air our laundry on national TV (SERIOUSLY!! SO US!!!)
And so you hate my arrogance, my smothering, and sitting on the fence, (yep, yep, and SOOOOOO YES!)
But I'm afraid of the hard permanence of letting you go free
(Uh, YAHH!!!! COULD THERE BE A VERSE MORE SUITED TO CHRIS AND I LAST YEAR?!!!!!!!)

Chorus

I'm so sick of fighting and that effigy you're lighting looks
An awful lot like someone whose name I just can't quite place
And though you say it's not supposed to be me or any entity
Still through the flames and smoke I see I recognize that face

Chorus

And you were someone who would
Always tell me things I don't know,
And tell me where to go (haha, yep, sometimes that's true too!)
But there I'll always go, always go there
Whether or not you're waiting
I don't care if you'll be waiting
But please say that you will be waiting there for me
Don't you ever leave me, don't leave

14 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

good list!!

check your email, sista...I sent the revamp =)

Unknown said...

Okay, as much as people wouldn't wear body suits with high heels and big hair and metal contraptions on their hands, you have to admit....they are stinkin' HOT! I love that video. Makes me feel like dancing instantly!

Anyway, maybe you know some of these ones, but I sure love em:

I Didn't Steal Your Boyfriend - Ashlee Simpson
Piece of Me - Britney Spears
Circus - Britney Spears
Wicked Little Girls - Esthero
Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
4 Minutes - Madonna and Justin
Bad - Michael Jackson
Breaking Dishes - Rihanna
The Way I Are - Timberland

Debbi said...

Thanks Debilyn!

Marci: "I didn't steal your boyfriend:I forgot about that one. I loved that song.

Wicked Little girls: good one. Thanks for that!

Breaking Dishes: ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!!! THANKS!

All the others are already on my playlist.

Debbi said...

(oh, and Marce, it is NOT hot. The whole video is tacky and nasty. They look like they're hookers in swimsuits. It looks recockulous!)

Erin said...

My ideal form of exercise would be dancing - unfortunately, I don't get opportunities to do that nearly as much as I'd like.

I need songs for exercise like I do for dancing. I'm a raver at heart. The songs that would get me back on the dance floor even though my legs are jelly, are the same ones that keep me going in a workout. I find trance type music will push me to work harder & get me over the points where I want to quit more than other stuff. Most of my faves for working out are older but ones I've always liked (with a few newer ones tossed in):

Sandstorm - Darude
Fly Away - Eyes Cream
Everytime We Touch - Cascada
Womanizer - Britney Spears
Hey Ya - Outkast

Then some angry girl music to mix it up = Evanesence, Kelly Clarkson, etc...

That's what gets my blood pumpin :)

Debbi said...

Erin: all the stuff on Chris' Ipod was trance, so I have LOTS of that on the list!!

But, you obviously have good music style, as all the things on your list are already on my playlist!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Right now I like "Spotlight" by Mutemath. It's fast paced and I like the beginning. I love your list, though, and I'm going to steal a couple of songs for my playlist!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Oh, and I love "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse - so fun to run to! Also, "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" by Scissor Sisters.

Debbi said...

BJo-
LOVE the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" and am SO adding that to the list! I played it over and over just now. I've heard it before, but years and years ago.

So@24 said...

Now that Beyonce song is stuck in my head.

And I only know one line of it.

You must be destroyed now.

Debbi said...

Uh, isn't there only one line TO the song? Something about a ring, and all the single ladies?!

M said...

So I have to admit, as a blog lurker, that I have stolen your list of songs to add to MY workout playlist blog. I often run out of stuff to listen to, and need new stuff so I dont get bored and fall UNDER the wagon.

Love reading your blog BTW!

Debbi said...

glad to have you, M. Thanks for reading, and I'm glad to have helped your playlist! So where's YOUR list to help ME!? HELP!!!!! ;)

Debbi said...

Ha, M, nevermind. I stalked your blog, and then your playlist blog. Which makes my last 'welcoming' comment and sarcasm slightly RUDE! lol