Saturday, January 10, 2009

Six Word Saturdays

So, I've been blog-stalking (read: hopping from blog to blog) and have come across a few new ones of choice.

This one gave such a good idea, that I'm stealing it. Full credit to Cate's Face! ;) She writes:

"The idea came from a book Joe bought me for Christmas. The book is: Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure and it was edited by Smith Magazine. The book is based on Ernest Hemingway's short story, "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." The idea is to tell a story or describe your life in six words and the book is a collection of these. I'll give a couple of examples from the book jacket. "Found true love, married someone else." "After Harvard had baby with crackhead." "


So, we're putting it into action on Daisyhalos too. Jumping on the bandwagon/six word saturday train. Whoo wooo

Cuz, really, who wants to blog on the weekend?! Okay, *I* do. (apparently). But with running the long runs on Saturdays, I don't have time to ramble. I'm rambling NOW only because Chris is napping, I'm waiting for Becka to let me know if we're running together again this week or separately, and I'm watching the kids (read: letting Bear and LL play by themselves while Mimi is holed up in the pantry thinking she's getting away with eating cereal out of the Tupperware Cereal holders. And, while I am thinking of it: Tupperware Modular mates are simply wonderful. I feel all pretty-pantried (yes, pantRied, not pantied) with all my flour and sugar and onions and cereals nicely matching. Call me sexy.. er..silly...er..smart and organized. I just like matching panty sets. ... er.. pantRy sets. Panty, pantry--- they both hold tasty things. Wait. Tasty isn't the word I wanted-- that's just rude. They both hold.. uh..necessities?! One holds happy-family making things, and one holds happy family-making things! Don't mix those up, either!) (If you don't know which one does which, stay out of mine!!) (and by 'mine', I mean pantries.. sickos!)

OKAY.
today is not Superfluous Saturday (although, it does have the adequate alliteration). So let's get on to the post.


My six word Saturday this week:

Sustained A Succoring Colloquy With Chris

6 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Thanks for the link! Your blog's so pretty, it reminds me to not give up on making mine shinier.

Debbi said...

which is funny, Cate, as I'm gonna change mine up soon. I'm bored of this one! :)

deb@virginia blue said...

sugarbritches...can you give me some color ideas? like if there's anything I should steer clear of? or anything u prefer??

I'm totally lusting after your pantry tupperware right now!

Debbi said...

Debilyn-
I like fall colours. I'm not 'girly', (pinks and pastels) but brighter colours, greens, browns, oranges..reds... really, anything 'fall'.

Dorienne said...

Guess what's on sale again???? Tupperware's modular mates! Your pantry looks great.

Debbi said...

I know, Dorienne-- only issue- I have NO ROOM FOR MORE! lol