Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothing but the Truth Thursday


  • I did NOT believe that yesterday, ONLY in my house (yes, I said *IN*), there reigned a full-moon. There was NOT a million fights between dayhome children. There were NOT injuries because of said non-existent fights. There was NO blood drawn. And NObody cried or whined all day. On top of that, there was NOT a child who defiantly refused to apologize for hurting another child. NO children threw another toy at any child's head. NObody fell off the ottoman, hitting their heads on the treadmill. NOone poohed their diaper 4 times in one day! NObody dumped not one, but two massive Rubbermaid containers of toys all over the TV room within an hour of the day starting. Oh. And EVERYone left their socks on all day, so I did NOT have to find matching pairs for a million children before their parents picked them up.

  • I do NOT regret teaching the baby how to go down stairs, and was NOT surprised yesterday when she arrived at my feet in the kitchen. I did NOT then have a slight panic attack when the baby did NOT try to put every nasty leftover piece of kitchen-floor food into her mouth before I could NOT grab the vacuum. I DO keep a perfectly spotless house.
  • I did NOT nearly fall off the treadmill (laughing) when, while listening to my iPod on 'shuffle', this song did NOT come on while this segment on Sesame Street did NOT play simultaneously on the TV in front of me (use your imagination to find how funny I found this!):
****Edit*** If I can get this to upload, I'll incude it. It's not working, after hours. Grrr. So, imagine watching THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO on mute, combined with only listening to THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO

  • I did NOT get my feathers totally ruffled when a dayhome parent told me to discipline agressive children by, (and yes, I quote) "bashing their heads against the wall until they learn". It may or may not have been the parent whose child had a scratch from another child for the second time. I did NOT keep my opinions about this statement to myself and I did NOT fester all night while I thought of a million things I wish I had replied with.
  • I did NOT have a friend tell me she caught her husband browsing online with an E-Harmony profile.
  • I did NOT suffer serious anxiety for the remainder of the night because of these two previously mentioned things, therefore, I did NOT mentally check-out of my role as a mother before bedtime hit. And no, I did NOT skip nighttime songs (which are NOT my favourite part of bedtime routines, usually). I did NOT feel like crap about it.
  • Today is NOT my day-off of marathon training and I am NOT rejoicing in that!
  • Today is also NOT GV night. For that, I am truly NOT happy. I have NOT missed my girlfriends immensely!
  • And finally, I did NOT get this idea from someone else while I was, once again, ignoring my children who were NOT doing homework bloghopping last night. I did NOT enjoy Tanja's blog and I do NOT recommend it.




18 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

I did NOT absolutely love that post...and am NOT hysterically laughing my tushy off!!

Unknown said...

I Did Not osts are my favorite...I have only done it once, but it is probably time once again....

wait a sec, though, E-harmony??? are you serious? Oh man, that is grounds for a major confrontation!

Unknown said...

Debbi I am so very confused. I must read it again;)...in opposite mode.

Debbi said...

Debilyn, Glad to have made you smile! :) Just returning the favour, as you make me smile all the time!

Ramsam: yah, this was a first, but actually kinda fun. And, yah, E-freeking-harmony!! Naturally, I was good-friend and got all ape-wild on his butt. Too bad he wasn't present to hear my ranting cuz believe you me, it was goooooood!

Andrea: Anything capitalized. Make it the opposite (or, in the case of the word "NOT", just omit it!)

Cassie said...

That's so funny that your brother was in Cancun the same time as us! Feel free to stop by my blog again.

Debbi said...

Cassie: I totally will. :)

holymotherofgod said...

I did not enjoy this post. And I didn't like those you tube videos either ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbi said...

No, seriously, HMOG, the video of them together was priceless. Crappy that it won't upload. But it was awesome!

zipbagofbones said...

I did not have to read that twice to comprehend it. Honest, I didn't. Here's hoping no other marriages are ruined this week!

Jillene said...

Debbi-
HI!! I noticed that you are following my blog!! Your blog is great!! I am going to become a follower. I love this whole blog thing!!

I love the did not posts. They are some of my favorites. And your list was great. But really someone told you to bash your childs head into the wall?! What the?!

Debbi said...

Jillene,
I'm glad you came to join me! Yay!
Um, YAH. so surprised that you're the FIRST person to have said something about that, but uh...I WAS DUMBFOUNDED!!
I called the other spouse today to ensure I wasn't in the 'bad books' for the injury. They explained that it was the other parent's dry-humour.
Obviously, I missed the joke on that one. My bad!

Vanessa said...

That did NOT make my day, and I have NO idea why 4 dirty diapers in one day would bother you in the slightest!!
Pretty inappropriate comment by the parent though, not sure how I would have handled it...

Debbi said...

oh, I know, Vanessa-- 4 from ONE CHILD!! lol I can deal with 4 on average, but usually I have 2 or 3 culprits! lol

After talking with the spouse, I'm glad I didn't handle it any other way, or that would have created a mountain out of a molehill. :S

Grand Pooba said...

Ok, some parent told you to bash their kids head into the wall???

Nice. It's so refreshing to see that kids are being raised right these days.

Geez, I hope this weekend is easy on you. Or, do I say NOT easy on you?

Great post! Love your blog!
Can't believe you watch all those kids and have 3 of your own! You are superwoman! Without the cape and leotard of course :)

Debbi said...

HAH, no, Pooba, some parent told me to do that to the child who hurt THEIR child! (cuz it makes it so much more acceptable! lol)

I dare say I'm looking forward to this weekend, yes! But I don't want to jinx it.

I'm not a superwoman- I'm getting PAID to do what lots of people do for free! I'm resourceful! :) But thanks.

Pst. And who said I WASN'T wearing leotards?! ;)

Heather May said...

Does your leotard happen to be covered in FLAMES????? Can I come over to see? LOL

Debbi said...

hahahaha, Heather. Sadly, it does. ohhh, I lament the thought that I own such cringe-ery!

Kristi said...

LOL Oh Debbi, as soon as I saw that Sesame Street clip, I rejoiced immensely! That's my absolute favourite clip of all time! I will bookmark it! I just love how the animals start flying! THEN!!! I look at the second one, and though I'm already laughing at how happy Sesame Street made me, the song title pops up for House of Pain, and I absolutely lost it! I didn't even bother listening to the song because I know it so well, and I had a good full minute of laughter first thing in the morning!! WOOT! Thanks for making my morning shine!!!