Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Farewell, My friends

I have started and restarted this post a bagillion times. And I've thought about what I would say and how I'd make this work.

Over a year ago, I started this blog. I was going through an excruciating time in life, trying to figure out where Chris' and my relationship was heading. I was sad. I was drained. I was searching. I was conflicted. And I knew that, in some way or another, the year held many more changes..

I have always loved writing. I love getting my thoughts on paper, and as a mom, finding time to type was easier than sitting down with my paper journal. I didn't think many people would read this blog, as I only told family and my closest friends about the URL (blog address).

Before I knew it, I had people searching for me online. People from all over the world who would comment and follow along in my life. Somehow I brought some people hope. Somehow I brought some people laughter. And somehow I brought people insight.

But I wrote for me. I wrote my story according to what I wanted the world to know. The truth, perhaps only shared in pieces. My cathartic confessional.

I go back to my "FOCUS" for the year. MAKE THE CHANGE. Change is good. I was talking with Em today about being unhappy, and how there are so many things that we all do in life that KEEP us unhappy. Things that we can change if we just get up and do it. Things that maybe we're afraid of, but we KNOW we need to do. Things that may continue to hold us down because that's the only place we choose to be. Being held back because of our laziness. Or our fear. Or our anger towards someone else.

I am making the change. I am grabbing the sharper knife.

452 published posts later, I have now got over 150+ readers DAILY. I have some who visit daily, some who visit weekly, and even some who stalk
visit multiple times a day.

I am not a secretive person. I have no enemies of my choosing, and I have no animosity towards anyone. However, my blog is not 'mine' anymore. I have to watch what I write because of people I know who read. There are exes. There is EF. And I don't want to have to do that in my blog. The angst that this blog started with is no longer in my heart.

The blog now isn't only mine...I am not single. I have Will. We are a package now. And, I have perfect peace in life now. I have a beautiful family. And I have hope like no other! I have never known a love so amazing, and, if I could share even just a morsel with everyone, I would. Divorce is a horrible, hurtful, hard road. I have been so blessed in spite of some of my choices. I do NOT wish an affair, or a divorce on ANYONE. But, if you are one of those fateful unlucky, my empathy and heart and prayers go out to you. Keep doing what makes you YOU, and, I hope, you'll find someone who makes you HAPPY in the near future, as I have been so lucky to find myself.

I was seriously contemplating making this blog private, and just continuing the story from here. But I think that it's better to put ALL my heartache from the past behind me and to leave on a good note. Secondly, I want people to continue to stumble on this blog as some have done, and, hopefully somehow, they'll find a post that may help THEM through a divorce/separation/first-time dating.

So, friends, I am closing this blog. This is my last entry as Debbi from Daisyhalos.

I am, however, opening a new one. A blog with the pitfalls and happinesses of raising 4 bonus-children alongside my own. A blog of a second, BETTER, marriage. A blog where I don't feel like I have to hide certain information from strangers, people from my past, and the general public.

My "followers" will be allowed on the new blog with their email addresses, and family members too. So, friends who I don't have as listed followers (and I know there are quite a few), send me an email to debbirn2b@hotmail DOT com, and I'll put you as an allowed reader. *EDIT* I can't get my follower's emails, blogger's being silly. So, sorry guys, but just send me an email saying "hey" and I'll make sure to get you on the safe list.

Until I meet you on the other blog, friends, I bid Adieu.
In honour of my last Daisyhalos Six Word "Wednesday", I write:


And They Lived Happily Ever After.



***FINAL EDIT*** after a bunch of contemplation, I realized that being a private blog annoys the heck out of me. Besides, I'm really not that interesting! ;) So, the new blog can be found at www.ninepeasinthepod.blogspot.com See you there! :)

22 comments:

A. said...

Wow. And I get to leave the first final comment. At least I know you ARE living happily ever after and I can still call you whenever I want...you DO have a phone number, right? Well I need it.

I've enjoyed reading your blog, well, let's be honest, mostly because it made me feel smug because it was stuff I ALREADY KNEW FIRST! Yesssssss. But I'll miss this connection to you. I might not have commented but I DID read every day.

You will be missed, but that extra 10 minutes I gain from not reading your blog anymore, I'll use to phone you.

LOVES!

B

Debbi said...

NO no, Becks, you (and anyone else I know) are invited to the new blog. Which will be exactly like this one, only more peacefull and personal.

I'll email you the link, and my phone number.

Nikki said...

I think that it's a great idea, a fresh start to a new beginning.

Annelie said...

Good luck with your fresh start! So suitable!

holymotherofgod said...

Ah, shedding the old skin are we? Good for you! Looking fwd to seeing where you go next!!
=)

Word ver
TRATE

As in you have some nice TRATES
=D

My Many Coloured Days said...

It's like starting a new journal. I totally get it. Can't wait to see the new "blog"!

mskaz said...

Love it! Looking forward to the new blog!

Life is Majik said...

Very well written. Like you, the last year or so has been one of my toughest. It was nice to read about your trials and relate on some level the pain you were going through as I was too. Even though the circumstances were different, I felt I wasn't the only one going through change and pain. Thank you for letting me be a part of it and for being an inspiration. And, although I did not read all the time, it was refreshing to me to see your outlook on life and personal progression. I hope I'm a part of the new blog. Congratulations!

Heather said...

I am a regular Stalker/visiter. I found you through my friend Nikki and have been reading your blog for some time. I have rarely commented but I am so happy for you and the life you are starting with Will I understand why you want to start new but I will miss your updates and hearing about how great your life is. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Michelle said...

I only have to say hey to get the link? Hey!

Dorienne said...

Phew....for a moment there, I thought you were leaving for good. See you soon,

genkibond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla McDaniel said...

it's been great following you on this blog...and i can't wait to continue following you on our new on. our new life, your new adventure!!!
love ya
miss ya

Wendy said...

What a wonderfully well-worded post. That all makes perfect sense and I support your choice and method of execution. It has been an interesting journey with you so far and I look forward to continuing with you over on your new blog. Blessings, Debbi from Daisyhalos, I'm sure your new blog will be every bit as moving, funny and inspirational at this one has been ♥

EmmaP said...

i was just tellng my friends last night about what kindredswe are... i can't wait to read all about the "ever after".. :)

CrYsTaL said...

Hey Debbie!!
Very sad to see you go! I've enjoyed reading your blog, I wish you all the best in the future!!! You can still catch up on my blog (but it's falling behind in itself) ! Take Care
oh and for old times...
angster: the feeling Crystal gets when she realize she can no longer happily read Debbie's blog!

Ang said...

Hey I just started "stalking" your blog through my friend Christy :) Your wedding looked beautiful! And you looked perfect! I've watched the X-weighted that you were on and it brought me to tears! I am just so happy for you! I wish you only the best!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new journey!!!

JessicaRae said...

What a wonderful idea - YAY for new blog and fresh new start on a beautiful long life ahead of you.
Much love and look forward to following along ur new adventures ;) HUGS

Megan said...

Congrats to you as you move forward with this new chapter!! =)

{Can I please have an invite to your new blog? =) }

Anonymous said...

wow..i am visiting first time i guess...good luck..

Shawna said...

oh, wow. I find this last post of yours on the first post of mine - yes, divorce sucks. and my blog is anonymous. and I envy what you've found. Good on you!!!