Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Luna de Miel

Will and I didn't really plan a "honeymoon". With kids just BARELY starting school, and so much work for him to finish, we weren't even sure we would be able to spend even one night away.

THANKFULLY, we have AWESOME family members on both sides, so with a LOT of co-ordinating, we sent seven kids in different directions, and Will and I were able to take a mini-vacation.

My sister, Marci, helped me out of the wedding dress and into my surprise for Will. Now, before you get too curious, I have never been a lingerie-wearing girl. But, Sin shopped with me and we actually found something I knew Will would like that I could handle. So, here I am, my sister and sister-in-law having a permanently engraved image of me in lingerie in their heads. And they didn't even laugh! True sisterly love right there!

Will and I left Calgary REALLY late, after going to dinner with my family at a restaurant that took FOR-E-VER.

(checking the photos at the restaurant while we waited an HOUR for food!)

Given-- it may have seemed a LOT longer to Will and I than it did to the others. Funny how that worked! lol

(I think it was at this point that everyone at the front door SAW those pretty underthings!... I was glad we shut the door quickly to avoid any further embarrassment. For not being a virgin on her wedding night, I sure felt sheepish saying goodbye to everyone anyways!)

We drove an hour and a half to Red Deer, AB. The armpit heart of the midwest, right? ;) Right. Checked into the hotel that Will had booked...
It was AWESOME!!

A beautiful room with a jacuzzi bath. And believe me-- after a day in a corset, spanx and blue stripper shoes, a hot bath spoke entrancing words to me!

While I started my bath, Will also got his "surprise" together. NO, it wasn't this:

althoooooough......... :) kidding.

In fact, it was super cute. He had bought my fave chocolate, complete with fresh strawberries, and bought wine glasses. Then he filled the glasses with my favourite wine.

TOO cute.
(yes, they're wine-gums)

And that's that.
At this time, I would like to officially remove my name from the CBF file. To all those remaining-- my love and deepest sympathies! ;) Dad, stop reading now.
Lemme just say, girlfriends-- I slept really well that night! lol

The next morning, we ran a bunch of little errands (returning tuxes because Monday was a holiday), checking out and in to another hotel, getting lost downtown with all the stupid one-way roads.. regular stuff. Red Deer was where I was born, so I took him out to my old house, where we ate burgers and laid on the hill outside, looking at the sky and watching the kids on the playground.

And then I took Will to see my last family member. With all my siblings able to be at our wedding, there was only one more sibling Will hadn't met.
So, we went to the cemetery, and he 'met' my older brother, Steven, where we left a bouquet of the wedding flowers so he, too, could be part of our day.

(haha, this photo makes me laugh, because Will was all, "uh, am I supposed to smile? Or look sad?" So instead, he looks in pain! lol)

We went to the movies, we ate steak and lobster dinner, we took midday ..uh... naps. It was AWESOME being without kids for a few days, and no responsibilities or worries, and no one phoned us (except the realtor to tell us the house was sold, so we excused that one!;) ) . It was super fun shopping together, dressing each other up in outfits, and just being US.

Although we had to come home and clean houses and get back to the grind, the few days away were wonderful.

11 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Am I supposed to know what the CBF file is???

Crap, I am SO not cool.

You two however, very cool! Are you sure that's not a picture of Will with his "surprise" for you? And wtf, no lingerie pic? lol

Jillene said...

YAY!! COngratulations Debbi!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! You look beautiful and most importantly HAPPY!!

I am glad that you had a lot of good naps too!! (0;

Debbi said...

Pooba- the CBFF explanation can be found at this post:
http://daisyhalos.blogspot.com/2009/05/celibate-good-times-cummon.html

CBFF= celibate BFFs.

Rhonda said...

thanks for the explanation! And I was all thinking you were about to post lingerie pics too! lol

how fun the honeymoon looked! Dontcha wish you could do that at least once a month?! It'd be nice!

Megan said...

LOL Thanks for the explanation too. I was confused.

Looks like a wonderful little getaway/honeymoon.

I'm so happy for you two!! =)

Unknown said...

My pleasure. :)
And/or yours. :D



CUTE POST!! I LOVE YOU TWO!!

mskaz said...

Boy, I don't want to say what I thought CBF meant! I got the gist of it, but mine was a tad more crass than your definition. Not sure what that says about me.

Glad you guys were able to get away for a few days before real life hit!

Lynn said...

LOL! I am still cracking up (no pun intended) at the "at this point everyone at the front door SAW those pretty underthings!" Too funny.....

EmmaP said...

so now that you've removed your name from the CBF File, I can move my name up to your old spot, right? and by the way... I KNOW this is one reason I do NOT sleep... people do not believe me. hahaha!

um, totally cracked up over the "underpants"... i was going to say if Will DID wear those, you could have told him, "Moo-chas Gracias". lol!

snorted at the pic of him at the cemetery...

oh---btw---did I tell you on FB that I am going back home soon? AND DAY 1 will be spent in Chicago with the first love I blogged about... *sigh*

Word Verif today is:

Bakeye [back-eye]. n. The way one's eyes look in a photograph when they are unsure as to whether or not they are supposed to be smiling or looking sad. Will had some serious bakeye in that picture at the cemetery.

Cheryl and Bob said...

...naps? Around here, they're called "snaps" which is sexy naps! Ha ha!! Glad to hear that things are going so well!

Debbi said...

hahah, I love "snaps", Cheryl. I'm so gonna steal that!