Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall has Fell



It's the official first day of Autumn. Which I know, because last night we spent a while on google figuring out if it was actually YESTERDAY or today. And, so we're all aware, no two sites said the same thing. So whatever.

Point being, I'm in my element! Fall-born babies tend to love the fall season the most, and I'm no exception to that rule. I love the smell, the colours, the crisp leaves under foot, the sweaters and cute boots and leggings, and, most of all, the TV line-up every night.

So, yesterday, the last night of summer, I took the kids out to where Will is working on a cabin, about an hour away. We played in the creek and on the tire swing, sang songs in the car as loud as possible, and when it was all over, we went to Waterton to listen to the Elk calls. And, for what anyone cares, listening and watching the Elk like that was seriously AWESOME! Em told me, with a shrug and roll of the eye, that she's done it 'a million times,' and I thought, Holy Crap, kid, if you only KNEW how cool of a life you've lived. Living out here provides some pretty awesome opportunities for kids and adults alike, and, even though I come from a Scouting/Guiding (camping,outdoor,hunting) family, I have NEVER been that close to Elk and listened to the bellows.

Family Home Evening doesn't get much better than this.

Although, I hate to admit.... I committed an unpardonable sin last night. One I SWORE I would NEVER NEVER EVER commit!

Yes, (sadly) that's me.
Ponytailin' (oh the ears!!! Kill me now!),
short-donnin' (yuck.. I hate shorts.)
sweater-wearing (uh, with shorts?!)
CROC-walkin! CROCS!!! What in the name of all that is fashionable am I thinking? I friggen HATE crocs. And, this croc-promoting McSpanky family has totally taken over-- I swore I would NEVER own such hideous shoes. And yesterday, I sunk to the lowest of lows. *moment of silence as the COOL Debbi falls into fashion oblivion*

It's a good thing Will still thought I was cute...he was super cute too, all messy and painty and muddy from drywalling, but he refused to let me take a picture of his cuteness. This is the only one I snagged. Which, if I may say so myself, isn't too bad of a view either. tee hee.

So, on a Tuesday Tune tribute... (man, it's been a while since I shared a tune,)I thought I'd share this one. Found it on Facebook from a bloggy-friend, so, hopefully it's new to some of you. Will doesn't have this problem yet. But huney, just in case you read this, it's all very true.. take notes. :)

*Watch song here!*

Have a great Tuesday! :)

5 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Do the crocs make it official now? LOL, I can't believe you Debbie, what will you do next? Start wearing socks with your crocks? LOL

(At least it was an X-Weighted hoody!)

Brandi said...

crocs. wow. i thought i kinda knew you...but now...wow...

Unknown said...

Okay, the ponytail ISN'T that bad, trust me--you're gorgeous!

And shorts are fine--it was technically still summer, right?

And sweaters are fine too, especially an X-Weighted one.

But the crocs are unforgivable. Seriously. What were you thinking?!?!

I'll have to think about if we can still be sisters.

Kare said...

Haha!! Am I the only one who thinks your Croc-ification is awesome??? I've been working on you (leading by example, of course) for YEARS now... hahaha!!! I love it. :)

Unknown said...

in Gebze Kocaeli quality lift home from home Our ??company offers transportation services are on sale you take advantage of our discount days.
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Darıca nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Gebze nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Kelebek nakliyat
thank you very much for