Saturday, September 12, 2009

Six Word Saturday- Newlywed

Three weddings, two baptisms, one funeral.


My favourite part about being married so far (at least, the part I care to share with the world :) ) is falling asleep and waking up each day with Will beside me. Even on our honeymoon, he would wake before me and kiss me. Although I could go back to sleep, I didn't like that I was being woken up.

So, today, I asked him if he wouldn't mind just letting me sleep in without him waking me with a kiss. Not that I don't like his kisses, but because I rarely get to sleep in and I'm fighting a cold.

So he woke up, and while I was sleeping he left the room, unnoticed... just because he knew I wanted that, and because he wanted to make me happy.

I woke up without him there.
And I hated it.

It was NOT what I thought I wanted. And when he came back into the room while I was waking, I batted my pretty eyelashes, and conceded that he was right-- waking with a kiss is WAY better than sleeping in.

Today Will and I attended a funeral. What a week. It sure puts perspective on things when you attend funerals-- What will people say about me when I die? What little stories will they share?

It was a good time for reflection, so Will took me out to a lake nearby where we watched bats, listened to coyotes and counted satellites and shooting stars. We talked about death, about our belief in life after death, about how we want to be buried or where. It is one of those talks that, knowing this is the person you'll die beside, actually brought me comfort. Maybe I'm more comforted because we believe that we aren't DONE after death. In a years time, Will and I will take our families and be sealed together for eternity in an LDS temple.

I'm grateful for that.
I think that knowing that Will's aunt is reunited with her husband today is comforting to her 9 children left behind.

And, so when I sleep the long sleep of death, the day that Will and I meet again in heaven, is yet another day I look forward to waking up with him beside me.

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Lovely post. Sounds like a really busy crazy time.

Kat said...

cant wait till you guys get sealed together:) That was the best day of my life, and it just keeps on getting better!

Emily Allison said...

Can I ask a blended family question? How does the sealing work when there are children from other marriages coming into the new one? Do you have to get permission from your exes? What's the doctrine on how it works in the eternities?

holymotherofgod said...

You guys look so fantastic...
*sighs*