Thursday, April 30, 2009

This week has been busy. And by busy, I mean spent cuddling on the couch 24/7.

How is it today already!? And by today, I mean Thursday.

Will has been 'stuck' in town (oh, gosh darn, hey?! ;) ) due to weather at his home, and I've been sadly showing him my psychotic life... armpit cellulite ... routine of the day while he's been hanging around. And by hanging around, I mean being TOTALLY awesome. And by totally awesome, I mean, HELPING!

Yah, he's a handy boy, that Will. And who doesn't love a hot dude in a tool belt!? He tells me I have to put him to work, so he doesn't get too bored. BORED!!!?? Cuz playing "what's the baby gonna put in her mouth next" games are so NOT boring!

Okay, fair enough--
So he has fixed the broken ottoman. Good thing I owned wood glue! Whoda thunk!?

He has fixed my piano! Not that it sounds any better when I butcher play music on it, so I think I'm gonna be asking for my money back on THAT one! ;) Fixed shcmixed!

He has fixed my rear passenger door on my van. Which, if he did nothing else for me in my entire life, I'd be happy just with that! I have hated having that door broken for SO long, and Mr. Fix It got it to work in just an hour... WHILE babysitting for free entertaining a dayhome kid who is fascinated by tools and cars and all that 'boy' stuff.

He has also built shelves for me in the basement for my food storage that Chris told me he'd build MONTHS ago! Look how pretty!!! During naptime, the two of us set to work on this Shelf-Reliance can holder. We decided that all dating couples should have to put one of these together before getting married! ;) Lucky for us, we got it together without losing an eye getting TOO badly hurt in the process. And by getting hurt, I mean Will scratched his back on the waterheater by accident. I did NOT push him into it have anything to do with that one!

So, now I've got a cleaned food storage area, and I realize how little food I actually HAVE down there in case we all die of swine flu ... I use all my grocery money on Redbulls ... of emergency.


Suffice it to say, dating a handy-dude is kinda fun for me! ;)

I'm actually finding it hard to accept the help. It's just the type of person I am. I mean, really, I've been doing this type of stuff on my own since Chris left the house. But, in all honesty, Chris wasn't that handy, so I've been doing it on my own since we've been married. And by doing it on my own, I mean doing it POORLY just to get by. Like the "shelves" in the garage Will made fun of me for. :( And by shelves, I mean a 1x8 put on a few brackets to hold junk.

I come from a family of women who DO. They are handier than most of their spouses, generations passed down through generations of handy-women who marry incontinents... incompetents non-handy-men.

But apparently I make a good dinner, so at least I've got something to offer back! And by good dinner, I mean I open a can of spagettiOs like no one's business.

14 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

Can I borrow Will for awhile?? I have a whole mess of things that need to be fixed! (not that my hubs is incapable...he's just so freaking busy at work right now!)

p.s. i ♥u

zipbagofbones said...

If that is your idea of "little food"? Then I am in serious trouble. Your basement looks the the grocery store.

Megan said...

Hahaha love this post! Having a handy-dude around the house IS great! I've got myself one of them too. ;0P

And you did certainly put him to work. What a good job he did! Woohoo! =D

Claudine said...

Oh you lucky LUCKY woman!!

One can only hope that round two is always that awesome!!
I'm glad you're finding all the cuddling time you need AND some good ol' handy man awesomeness!

Wish I was you...but that's the start of a pity party and no one wants to party on that!

You're food storage is nuts...I have nothing. And guess what...I won't for awhile...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

patty said...

I can say,only takes!!! I am a woman who has always managed single ..... but ... sometimes it's great to feel like a damsel in distress, especially when it saves you the man you're interested!!! Where can I get one?

Kare said...

Haha! You big faker... I know you're far and away beyond the SpagettiO's...

;)

Kristi said...

I need my ottoman fixed too! Well, one I will be owning soon. :)
IMHO putting your food storage on the internet isn't the brightest thing...but that's IMHO lol
Yeehaw for STRONG WOMEN in our families! Roarrrrrrr
Word Verification: Noardin: another name for the hubbies who do nothing, haha

Hailey said...

GREAT post :) You definitely crack me up and I'm THRILLED will is sooo handy (and putting it to good use no less). I also have a handy, fix-it kind of guy and there are few things as valuable. Thrilled for your food storage - it looks AWESOME!! It's in our plans too - the shelving...just opens up sooo much more space. Oh and if you die of swine flu, can I have your food storage to add to ours??? :D

Glad you've had such a great week! And yay for *Will* being *stuck*

Becka. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

PS. Make me cookies, Boobs.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Seriously delicious food storage.

I'm glad for your handy man. I guess I shouldn't take mine for granted.

Wendy said...

What a fun post ☺

I'm seriously jealous of your handy-man. Mine's definitely a do-er and quite happy to work, work, work around the house on general maintenance stuff but shelves? Well, I'm sure he thinks that you need to be wearing tights and your undies on the outside to tackle such a momentous task!

Will sounds lovely and you sound happy; such a wonderful combination. Blessings to you ♥

Anonymous said...

As one of those spouses you appear to put down as being "non-handyman", "incompetent" and "incontinent", I'd like to argue with you --- (but, the problem is, I am the guy who everybody has in recent history seen to qualify for the description in each one of those three ways!!)

Love ya, anyways!
DBK

Kat said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow.....cute picture of you two....even BEtter picture of him hard at work...and the PHOT of the FOOD STORAGE??? BRIllIANT!!!
Man....this guy is scoring some huge points in my world right now.