Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why oh Why?!!!

Me: Don't throw your toy snake in the tree.
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because it wrecks the tree.
Mimi: Why?
Me: when you pull it out, it pulls on the branches and bends them
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because you're pulling on them!
Mimi: Why?Me: Meems, we don't bite!!!
Mimi: Why?
Me: because it's mean! It hurts Nina!
Mimi: Why?
Me: Look at her arm! Look at her tears! It hurts her because teeth aren't meant for eating bodies-- they're meant for eating food!
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because God made us that way! Should I bite YOU!?
Mimi: WHY?!
Me: Mimi, you have to put on panties before we leave.
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because everyone will see your bum if you don't!
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because you're wearing a dress.
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because you made me put it on you with your silly temper tantrum this morning!
Mimi: Why?
Me: Because you're three. And a princess. And a goof. And a diva. And annoying.
Mimi: Why?

14 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

Ohhh....she sounds JUST like Sheridan did at age 3!!!
Why? I wonder...

Michelle said...

Oh heavens I do not miss the why stage.

Unknown said...

sometimes i miss those toddler years...and sometimes i don't!

thanks for the giggle:)

Unknown said...

I agree with the above comment..I must be getting old because that sounds exhausting! (even if it is cute!)

GuppiesGalore said...

I'm just leaving that stage with my Babygirl. LOL! It's great, isn't it? I love* 3 year olds.

I bet our girls would get along great. Mallory was showing off her bimmer in a dress today too.

*am frustrated by

Debbie Jo said...

Ok, that was just adorable!!!!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I'm laughing so hard at these conversations - many of the same ones we have with Monsoon and his constant "But why?"'s!

For the future, I'm going to use this one: "teeth aren't meant for eating bodies" Hilarious.

EmmaP said...

i must comment on your blog.
why?
because your blog is so funny.
why?
because you are so stinkin hilarious.
why?
because God made you that way.
why?
because you are a bloggy-godess-princess!

oh - and your word verification on here is "losespub" what's up with that???

lol!

Gretchen said...

Ooh, she's a good one. The only defense I usually had against the "Why?"s with my kids would be to just reply, "well, why do you think?" I thought that would shut them up, until they would go on to tell me a 10 minute story, explaining WHY. So then I went and hid in the closet.

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! I remember doing that to my parents, it always worked! They are now insane.

The Bullknitter said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I actually love 3 year olds with all their annoyingness. I'll take 10 three-year-olds over 1 13 year old...

Annelie said...

Ha ha! At least you don't do the whole "Because." thing. I used to hate it when people did that when I was a kid :) I am dreading the why stage for our future kids, since karma will certainly get me back for all the why-torture I exposed my family to as a kid.

Fabulous post :D

zipbagofbones said...

what?

Wendy said...

hahaha - just gorgeous!