Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is there a letter in your bag for me?

The Judge has the papers in his hands RIGHT NOW.

I called the courthouse to find out what the status of our file was, and (judge's assistant) told me that he will sign them shortly. They are done. In his office. By Thursday, they'll be signed. Then they'll send a letter to both Chris and I in the mail informing us of that. From the date the judge signs, Chris has 30 days to 'contest' the decision, and then it's DONE DONE. But, since that won't happen, she told me to look in my mailbox early next week.

Wow.
Still happy and excited about putting this behind me. I'm expecting to be sadder once it's 'official', but for right now, I'll take happy and excited over sad!

Besides, with weather like today's weather, what's to be sad about?! I got my Christmas lights down (FINALLY-- No more 'red neck woman' for me), cleaned the backyard of garbage and toys that were frozen under the snow. (Ignore the occasional sock that is still stuck to the last few snowdrifts). And I have 2 days to get everything ready for our trip west to spend Easter with Chris' parents, and a long list of 'to-do' things. I love feeling 'productive'.

5 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

"the occasional sock..." cracks me up. We find those everywhere around here, between the boy and the dog.

Congrats on the soon-to-be papers and I hope the happy feeling stays around for a while.

anymommy said...

That is exciting - it has to feel great to move forward and put this waiting time behind you. I'm happy for you.

Adlibby said...

Just keep looking forward! You'll be great & we'll be here pulling for you every step of the way! =)

Grand Pooba said...

Yep, there's nothing like the feeling of being productive! Best in the world!

And I'm just going to go ahead and congratulate you on your divorce papers. I think in your case it's such a good thing to be done with it!

EmmaP said...

the only reason my christmas decorations came down is because my mom came over and took them down. Bonus. then while putting the stockings away, she informed me that mine was still full. Bigger Bonus. I looked inside and it was a $60 gift card for my fav store, Kohls. Biggest Bonus. I forgot that my Ex had given that to my kids for them to put in my stocking. i went and used it to buy my daughter's Easter outfit. Then we ate dinner afterwards with another gift card. We got to have a "mommy & me" date on his dime. Biggest Bonus of All... Oh yeah, and all of this happened about 3 weeks ago. nothing like waiting till spring to take down christmas! hehehe

as far as the other stuff - i thought that i might have a sad moment. but i felt relieved. i still had sad moments when i felt down or "unlovable" or flawed. but i am glad i am divorced from that person and am now in search of my own prince. Now - if Big-D would just realize he is the one for me! sigh... ;)