Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Tunes- Ten Top Tabulated

It's been a long time since I Tuesday Tuned' ya.

So, I'm picking my ten most recently added to my Youtube favourites list. Some of them are better WITH the video, and some I just like to listen to. But, here's a few songs/artists that maybe you haven't heard before, or you have.

The Man Who Can't Be Moved: The Script (Love the song, AND the video)

Like The Sun: RyanDan (suggested by my sista, Kiki. Love this song, video is cheesy. I played this one on repeat for a while.)

All I Need:
Jack Wagner (good ol' 80s tune)

I Told You So: Carrie Underwood (saw this on American Idol, and loved it. I had never heard it from Randy Travis before, so I'm glad they played this!)

Good Mornin' Beautiful:
Steve Holy (I sing this song a lot. I sometimes wake up my kids to this song, but usually I wake them up to "Good Morning, Good Morning" from Singing In The Rain... they USUALLY love it. Except when they're super tired and annoyed with my goofy dancing! :) Muahaha, yes, when it comes to dancing ridiculously in the kitchen, I definitely got that from my mamma!)

Vulnerable: Secondhand Serenade (Will introduced me to this band, and I have TONNES of their songs on my list now.)

Scorn Not His Simplicity: Sinead O'Connor (this song reminds me of my brother, who was born with Spinabifida. It also was a song that brought me to tears when my father had his aneurysm, and we weren't sure he would pull out of it being much more than a vegetable for a while.)

The Call: Regina Spektor (I found a few songs of hers I liked, but this is the most favourite one. It's from Prince Of Caspian (Narnia) if you recognize it. )

How Can I Be: Nela Otuafi (I just stumbled on this song, but I like it)

Asleep At The Wheel: Bloodhound Gang (for fun. Good driving and running song. And reminds me of my youth. And also reminds me of driving home from Will's place when I'm tired! ;) )


So, there you go. An eclectic collection of songs you may enjoy.

4 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

We just bought THE SCRIPT cd and reeeeaaaaally like it!

My sister told me about the Carrie Underwood song, but I still haven't heard it yet.

Secondhand Serenade is FABULOUS.

Grand Pooba said...

I think Carrie Underwood is the ONLY country singer I'll listen to!

Kare said...

Heehee - I played for the RyanDan concert last year... :)

And Carrie's song is awesome... one of my faves. Her original is great, and I quite like the duet with Randy Travis, too! But her original solo is pretty hard to beat. xo

Kristi said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoVWX3JPeI&feature=related

Don't know if you'd like it, but it sure made me laugh and thought of old youth dances!