Saturday, April 11, 2009

Six Word Saturday

(For more Six Word Saturday, visit Cate at Show My Face and join in the fun!)

To Quote Scripture, "It Is Finished."




Yes, I'm using the Easter theme here, to let you all know that yesterday, my mailbox held the letter from the judge's office. Chris and I are officially divorced. (Barring the 31 days for Chris to contest the judgment) *and I bolded it, just in case you weren't paying attention!

I must admit, I feel good. I don't really feel sad. I mean, what's to be sad about when another chapter begins? I sometimes have to repeat in my head, "I'm divorced!" or "I'm single" or something like that... it's like it doesn't seem completely real! Not in a bad/shock way, but in a ..."wow, that day came!" way. Maybe that doesn't make sense to anyone but me, and those who have been there, but whatever. I think it hasn't fully 'hit me' yet. But for now, I am happy.

Interestingly enough, I also finished my current paper journal today. Ending a journal that is chalk-full of heartache and affair after-math on the day I get divorced from Chris seems fittingly perfect. Putting an end to all of that, and leaving every peice of that part of my life between the bindings of that book could not be more appropriately timed.

Funny still, I got the letter on my way to my (now ex) in-law's house in BC. Chris and I drove the kids out to his parents' place to spend the holiday weekend together. Divorced. lol. I know we confuse people. In the car on the way here, we talked a lot about our own marriage, what went wrong, and what we've learned. It was a great talk, as we were able to indicate the changes we're making in our current relationships to avoid similar pitfalls later on. I am lucky to have all the 'good' parts of Chris still at my disposal, (the good father, someone who cares for me, good communication,) all the while, leaving the rest behind me.

He did mention that our new relationship with each other is like having a Gayfriend. You know, that friend with whom you can discuss anything with and they'll tell you how wrong you are or when you're being a b!tch, and they can get away with it because you trust their judgment and you know they are only doing it to show they love you? And the friend of the opposite sex with whom there is NO physical relationship with? That friend. Yah, the gayfriend. So, in spite of it being a HORRIBLE thought, Chris is like my Gayfriend. LOL. Now, THAT would make good TV drama, X-Weighted people! :) And, sadly, it wouldn't be the first Ex of mine to go gay after being in a relationship with me.... but let's not go there, okay!?

Grateful for the Easter season. The atonement, the newness of spring--
Both are things that I am finding are a HUGE impact in my life today and recently.

Newness.
There is no better word for me today.

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the scripture you added. fitting, indeed!

Newness is a great word too! Something all of us in our different situations and challenges can say. Newness!

xxx said...

Hi I've just arrived via Six Word Saturday.... I like your six words.
All the best wishes for your future.

Ribbon

Call Me Cate said...

Enjoy your new beginning. Sounds like a wonderful feeling.

Thanks for playing!

Donnetta said...

How wonderful that you can have that type of relationship with each other!

Melissa B. said...

Great 6 words! And don't forget my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow...I'll have something for your Easter Basket!

Dorienne said...

Very happy for you and Chris. You are lucky to have a great relationship.

Sassy Britches said...

I've been peeking in and out (ok, lurking) for a bit, but with everything going on in your life recently, I felt weird just popping in with my two cents--but I'm soooo glad there's a good type of closure for you now! And the ending the journal at the same time is a wonderful "sign" so to speak. I am happy that the two of you are being mature about everything as you move forward with the kids! Oh, what a great time of renewal!

MediMonsters said...

Good for you!

patty said...

good to have a relationship like that, and to sit as a friend to talk about the most important, the children ... I am happy for you

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Congratulations on putting it behind you - legally!