Saturday, April 25, 2009

Six Word Saturday

It's Saturday again. Time to play along with Cate at Show My Face. (see the button on my sidebar)

My six words for today:

I Should Really Be In Nashville!


Yep. Today is the Nashville Country Music Marathon I should have been running in. First marathon I 'committed' to (didn't pay the fees, though). First marathon I trained for. First marathon I ditched. :(

Life happened. I trained for 10 weeks. I was more than 1/2 way done the 18-week program when I "lost it" in January- all those Issues Episodes and asking Chris to leave and.just.everything. It would have been fun and personally rewarding to be running on that marathon road right now, ready and trained and fit. But I had another road to follow, I guess. And it's still bringing me some personal rewards. Where one door closes, another opens.

So, I will keep on running. Literally and figuratively.

Besides. I still don't have my passport! ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The intention is what counts!!!!

www.patitomainat.blogspot.com said...

The intention is what counts!!!!

Everyday Goddess said...

Nashville always sounds like fun.

Annelie said...

Keep running, and pick a new goal.

It is the journey that counts, not necessarily the destination.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Megan said...

Bummer, but there will be more and it will be awesome, especially when "life" doesn't end up getting in your way. =)

Melissa B. said...

Keep training...then you'll be ready!

Unknown said...

I bailed on my first 1/2 marathon for next weekend. I was all set to go, but it just didn't work out. I hope to do one in the next few months,. and maybe next summer attempt the full. (Did I just say that? What the crap am I thinking?)

Please share afew more training details. I love to hear about running success stories.

Call Me Cate said...

What I've learned about races is that there's always another one. Thanks for playing!

MJW said...

I like that you said life happened because you are right it did. Great intentions and I'm sure you are feeling awesome anyway! :) Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Claudine said...

You know what?
I have this theory. When you plan something that doesn't happen it wasn't meant to be cause something MORE IMPORTANT is coming your way.

Life is always about running...but at least you're running to bigger and better things!

Love you!

EmmaP said...

you gotta get that passport, girl! when i was sick and on meds, i gained TONS of weight. i literally became a Fat-@$$!!! anyway - i started running this year. it is hard work. but i actually find that I like it. I was just thinking last week - hmmm - if I keep this up, maybe in a year or two I could do a half-marathon... and then... well, one thing at a time. But with my circumstance as well, I totally get the whole "journey" - I will keep running too! :)

genkibond said...

I have been there, beleive me.
everyone has their advice, sometimes it's good to listen, sometimes not.
all i can say is when you find the RIGHT goal, working towards it is easy, motivating, captivating, all-encompassing, and passion inspiring.
it's your road.