Friday, April 24, 2009

Last Night's Prayer



After I sang his favourite bedtime song, Bear said his prayers, and got into bed.


Bear: Mom?
Me: Yah, Buddy?
Bear: Does Heavenly Father hear our prayers?
Me: I believe so, yes.
Bear: But how?
Me: (uh...) Well, He's God. He has heavenly powers that we don't understand. We'll understand when we die, but right now, it's not important for us to know HOW he hears us, just that we know He DOES.

*walk to door*

Okay, goodnight hun. Sweet dreams!

*begin to close door*

Bear: Mom?
Me: What is it, bud?
Bear: When ARE we going to die?
Me: I don't know. When Heavenly Father thinks that it's time for us to go back to Heaven, I guess.
Bear: I wish it was now.
Me: *?????? * We still have things to learn on earth before we go back.
Bear: Yah. I want to go back home soon.
Me: *smile* You will someday. But lemme keep you for a little longer, kay? Goodnight sweetie.
Bear: Goodnight Mom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweetie. <3

deb@virginia blue said...

Sounds like he's wise beyond his years!

patty said...

children are angels of our Heavenly Father ....are special!!!

Tanis, said...

Oh that is So SWEET! Just one of the reasons why bedtime is one of the best times of the day!

Megan said...

Awwww.......

Hailey said...

how come this post doesn't have any anon posters?? LOL

It's sweet but kinda freaky as a parent to hear those conversations - doesn't it just make you want to know *what do you know??*

Brooklyn told me not too long ago that she was going to meet Jesus but not to worry because I was going with her *gasp* - in three years. Then just 3 weeks or so after she was talking in her sleep - word for word "Jen, are you going to marry my dad? Are you going to be my new mom?" *cough* *choke*
Jen is a recently divorced friend of ours....*sigh*

But I'm not dying...I haven't gone through 6 years of poor studentdom to have some other woman (even a good friend) come in and enjoy Brent's money. No way! LOL

Oh and Bear - CUTE!!! What a handsome little guy!

Grand Pooba said...

Awwwww! That was so sweet!