Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Point Form

  • I broke down. I bought Twilight. Yah yah, I'm sure I coulda borrowed it from a million people I know, but it was on for 5 bucks at Superstore, and I figured I could splurge that much on myself. Jumping on bandwagons always takes me WAY too long! ;) I need something else to distract me from the dishes anyways!

  • I spent all that time getting my dayhome full, and now two of my three full-timers are leaving. Thankfully, not because of anything the parents weren't happy with. It's the pitfalls of dayhomes. Seriously, though, I HATE putting up forms and doing interviews. And I hate the thought of possibly not having enough kids here to make the paying of bills easier in a month. *grumble*

  • I have been seriously taking a lot of time evaluating my spiritual feelings. It's amazing how simple someone's influence can affect what you think when you aren't expecting it. Some deep conversation, and some things I've said have really opened my eyes to what I TRULY believe deep down. It has been a tough, tough year spiritually for me-- reallyreallyreally high and reallyreallyreally low. I'd like to find a balance.

  • I took some time to myself last night while Chris was at the house with the kids. Thanks to a dayhome Mom who also styles hair, I got my hair dyed. It's darker, and it'll take a bit to get used to looking in the mirror, but it's nice. A "before and after". I tried to recreate the same 'pose', but frankly, it's too early to put on makeup! And, apparently, to smile! lol

  • I also told Chris that I had started the papers. It was really scary to tell him. But thankfully he understands my reasons, so he says. Last night, while he was here, he refused a hug. Tears welled in his eyes all night, and my heart was soooo sore watching it. It is EXACTLY what I was going through back in June. It hurts to watch.

  • I have the weekend off. No kids. Just me and whatever I want to do. :)

9 comments:

GuppiesGalore said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dark hair! It looks awesome! But, I'm a sucker for brunettes.

How is the training going? You look so thin in your pic (in the face anyway)...you like running? I've got a good weights routine down but I need to add some good cardio.

Debbi said...

thanks babe. I like feeling healthy, and in general, enjoy running. I'd prefer to rollerblade if only it got the same results.

Cardio is working best for my needs. I have good muscle tone and size, just need the layers of fat overtop to disappear.

Unknown said...

The dark hair is very pretty- kind of sophisticated and eye catching. I gave in to my dark hair and quit highlighting about 6 years ago....I have never regretted it! (but mine was pretty blonde like yours, either).

So jealous of your weekend! I NEED A BREAK!

Claudine said...

Love the dark hair! Suits you magnificently!!
I'm sorry you have to feel the pain twice though. Knowing how it feels and then seeing someone feel the same is very hard.
You're doing what's right for you though. And that's something we can all feel good about!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Sorry, but I know what you'll be doing all weekend: reading Twilight and the other three sequels! You are going to LOVE them! The hair is so "Bella"!

Dorienne said...

Dark is good....mysterious. Have a WONDERFUL weekend.

Debbie Jo said...

I love the hair color change! You are one hot candy-lovin chick! Mwah! love ya

Anonymous said...

I like your hair better dark. Makes your face look fresh.

zipbagofbones said...

LOVE the new hair! I like the picture, too (but I'm a fan of "less is more")((meaning "too lazy to put on makeup is hot"))

XO