Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I just wanted this Hemp plant for the seeds, I swear!

So, it has officially began.

I am a vegan! AHHHH.
well, I'm eating like one. I don't know if there's a way to be officially certified, inducted into the status of "Vegan", but hey, one day at a time. In my attempt to 'Make the Change', I figure that eating whole, healthy foods is a good change to make.

I went grocery shopping last night with the kids, as Chris is out of town for 2 weeks for business. I loved buying foods I've never bought before. I loved having a cart FULL (yes, brimming over the top) of veggies and fruits and nuts and seeds and legumes. Of course, the kids need 'regular' lunches-- so there were eggs and bread and milk and drink boxes in there too. But in general, I have NEVER been more 'proud' to walk through the checkout. Knowing, no matter WHAT someone saw come out of my cart, if they had seen the show, they'd be impressed. lol

Today I'm off to a health-food store, though. Safeway doesn't sell hemp seeds or agave nectar. Apparently, hemp is a good protein. ??? yah, little Mormon girl over here-- never bought any marajuana-related products. I'll repent after, no worries. lol

My energy is still good, but my belly kinda hurts. Me and the bathroom are getting much more reaquainted as my body cleanses the extra guck out. Lots of fiberous veggies and whole foods- it's awesome feeling my body actually USE the food. I had a headache the first day, but that might just be plain old sugar withdrawls.

I'll keep you updated on this. Tonight's dinner looks really yummy!

10 comments:

Beauty of Expression said...

*Kelly pulls out pom poms*
Yey!! Congrats on beginning your journey..and it is a journey for sure. You will feel yucky while your body is letting go of toxins, but when you are on the other side of that you will feel amazing...AMAZING!It is a great feeling to know that you are healing and nourishing your body...it definitely puts you in a different state of being.
\ You go girl!

Jillene said...

Good for you!! We have changed out lifestyle/eating habits around here too. Only whole wheat, more fruits and veggies, etc. But we still eat meat. My hubby would NEVER give up meat--EVER. He grew up on a farm so he is a meat and potato man. I however don't eat red meat. I have never liked it. Anyway (now that I have rembled on and on) GOOD LUCK!!

zipbagofbones said...

Better you than me, girl! But count me in the *rah rah* crew, I'm cheering you on over here!

PS - you must tell us what hemp seeds taste like, I'm fascinated!

genkibond said...

So sad, the vegans got another one.

I am a strict meat-atarian. I beleive that vegetables have a right to life too.

actually, just wanted to wish you luck. It's a tough thing to do, but the benefits are great.

Debbie Jo said...

I love hemp seeds. My mom consumes them EVERY DAY. So tasty! If she gets it in bulk and for a good deal, I'll let ya know! I'm sure you want in on it!

Good luck with the cleanse. Sounds fun!

Debbie Jo said...

8 containers (454g in one container) of hemp hearts (which is the same thing, isn't it?) she gets for like $105. Its a better price than going to a health food store. Sandusky's Alternative health products (1-800-615-1376)

Did you know it also takes care of your sweet cravings? What is going to happen to chocolate wednesdays?!!

Unknown said...

hemp, veggies, and bowels, oh my! As long as you are happy and enjoying eating weird stuff...have at 'er girlfriend:) Here's to cleansing your colon;)

So@24 said...

Wow, good luck with the new life style.

It'll be interesting to track and see how it goes!

Nikki said...

I toy with idea...but look at you doing it! Agave nectar saves my smoothies. I go through one bottle a month, but I use no other sweetener, even in baking. :O

Carla McDaniel said...

sound like you are making a ton of changes. i think that is *AWESOME**. props to you girl!!