Friday, February 20, 2009

Inner Dialogue

Did you know I've started this post three different times, read it, and deleted it again? yah. It's like my writing mojo is gone.

Mostly because I'm afraid to put something 'out there' when I feel so hopelessly vulnerable lately. Like I'm so fragile. I mean, I'm FINE, but I get hurt so easily lately. It's really kinda annoying to fret over such insignificant things.

I am really doing good. Really. I mean, I'm emotional, but in fact I'm feeling much more peace with my choice. I am happy right now without Chris here.

But, let's remember, I love him. And watching him break down into a cry I've never seen, in ALL our nearly 9 years together, was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever had to see. His grief is so deep. It's like he finally SEES it. He finally feels it. And part of me, watching him break down into such a deep-rooted painful release, just wanted to take it all back. "Come back home" "Let's stay together" "I can do this". And yet. I know that's not the right course for me. I know that as soon as I felt like saying those words, I felt wrong about them.

I said to him that I used to think that he broke my trust. But I'm coming to believe that it's not broken. It's amputated. Gone. It's not able to be 'regrown', after so many other issues. Broken bones get healed. But this is bigger than that.

Love is not all you need. I wish that was the case.

To top it all off, I don't like who I've become when I'm with him. The trust issues are too big on my side, and I'm becoming a fearful, paranoid, secretive, untrusting person. I don't like that. I don't need to be that.

6 comments:

Beauty of Expression said...

Just wanted to let you know I am here listening...

Loves your way Girl...You are doing awesome...
xoxoxoxox

Debbi said...

thanks, Love. :)

Anonymous said...

good job you are realize it, alot of women in hard situations find that out too late!!!

RaeRae said...

i totally agree with the whole "love is not all you need" thing 100%

Nikki said...

There are some things you just can't fake. I for one hope that somewhere down the line your trust can 'regrow', or clone itself from a reliable model. :)

Erin said...

My little sister filed for divorce this week - after a 5 year separation. I say the same thing to you that I did to her when she told me: "I love you & am thinking of you, Brave Girl".

XO