Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Please Mr. Postman

Dear Safeway,
I think it's pathetic nice that you carry an entire 1/4 aisle of 'natural' health foods. I think it's amazing that you don't have any employees that know where anything is, or even what it may be that I'm talking about. I was truly impressed by Jaime Sam Pat, in the pasta/rice aisle, who was growing a full beard and thought that she could hide the inch of hair on her face by bleaching it. I liked how awkward I felt trying not to stare. I liked it when my three-year old daughter asked why that stranger lady has a teddy-bear face right in front of her!

I think it's unfortunate that the only fresh leaf-vegetable you carry is red or green lettuce. But above all, I'm truly thankful that the pears that I bought turned rotten overnight. That's awesome.

I also think it's awesome that you do your ten-times the airmiles on the first Tuesday of the month, but I spent gobs of cash at your store on the Monday before that. I think that's racist weekist. I don't shop on Tuesdays, it's against my religion. Perhaps you should give everyone ONE day of the month of their choosing. What difference does it make to you guys anyways? And seriously, it's not like those extra 5 airmiles are gonna be tough for the Airmiles Company to fork out. 200,578 more, and I get a free ipod.
Sincerely,
Vociferous Vegan
PS: please also inform your employees that Mormons DO shop on Tuesdays.

Dear Dayhome Dad,
I am so grateful to you. I love that you allow your wife to drop off and pick up your three children more often than you ever do. I am grateful that I don't have to see you more often than I do now. I love how afraid of you your children are because of your alcoholism and abuse, because I like seeing them RELAX when they're here. I am indeed grateful that, every single time it's your turn to pick up your children, you are over an hour later than you say you'll be. I'm impressed that it takes you twice as long to travel the SAME distance from work as it does for Chris. I love that last night, because of your tardiness, my daughter missed Brownies. I'm also grateful that, because of that, we also didn't have enough time to go buy Agave and Hemp seeds. (thanks, Djo, for the number!) I like to think you're hours late because of your E-harmony profile-- must be tough to be so adulterous sneaky dashingly handsome for all your lady friends.
Sincerely,
The lady who watches your kids better than you do

Dear Bed,
I miss you. I'm sorry we've been so distant in the past week. It's not you, it's me. I have not forgotten my love for you. I want you to know I need you in my life, and have always appreciated your support. You've been the perfect companion- always there, always ready for a tear or two, always ready to sleep with me! lol Yes, Bed, I knew from the moment I laid eyes (and body) on you, you were factory made for me! Although I have had some great reasons to keep me away, I will work on our relationship in the next few days, and hopefully, we can get some lost time back.
Sincerely
Your Somnolent Sweetheart

6 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

scary lady picture.

Unknown said...

Even with the beard you're hot.

I had no idea Mormons shopped on Tuesday. But I certainly cursed all the Christians last night getting their 10% off @ Save-On when all I wanted was a fucking box of Uncle Bens.

Claudine said...

Oh dear! I hope you and Mr. Bed reconnect quickly. Our relationship ended when I moved out of my "other" apartment. Now I sleep on the couch. Oh couch...if only you didn't have chunks of metal sticking out of you at night that stabbed me agonizingly everywhere. We could've gotten somewhere.
Alas..it's not meant to be.
As for Day-home dad...PUTZ!!
And last but not least...dear dear Safeway.
How you are the bane of my existence. But alas...the only grocery store around. Wish you could make life easier on us with 20x the points EVERYDAY but that might be asking a little much since you don't give out a lot of airmiles anways...PUTZES!!!

Michelle said...

Dear Deb,
Thanks for the giggle!

Sincerly,
Amused

Beauty of Expression said...

I love how you are always so creative with your posts...

I am lucky here because we have several fresh fruit and veggie markets...Sorry to hear you are having to deal with Safeway. They usually have spinach though..that is a good source of greens for you....

As far as the dayhome dad goes it sounds like he would be doing her a favor if he met someone else..Groan* ( whoops was that my outside voice).lol

I love my bed..I got a memory foam mattress cover..and now I very much enjoy my "BED time". "Thank you bed for holding me close, supporting me gently as I dream".

Hope you find a better place to get your produce, and I hope you enjoy getting re-acquainted with MR.Bed

Loves*

Anonymous said...

I find good stuff at the Currie Barracks market on the weekends - lots of organic, and good prices, too.

p.s. My verification word was PARACAT.
Def: What you call a parakeet after it meets the cat.