Friday, November 21, 2008

No More Reruns

When they aired the episode of X-weighted 6 months ago, I talked with a bunch of other participants from previous seasons. They said how much they hated watching their episodes years later, and I thought that was so weird- isn't it FUN to watch yourself on TV?

Yesterday, they reran the episode of mine.

And I got it.
I got how horrible it felt knowing people were once again subjected to my messy house! (haha, okay, actually, that part STILL makes me laugh. Man, Chris was a Flippin' slob on that show! LOL) I got it, how I hated being somehow brought back to that time in my life where I was so fat!!!! I hardly knew how fat I really was, but watching that show reminds me. Thanks for that. Diet starts again this morning!!!!!!
I got it, how it was still annoying to see my words somewhat twisted and put out of order from when I said them and why.
I got it, how rehashing the moments with Fred and the Ugly Cry (oh, HEAVEN HELP ME IN THE UGLY CRY) just makes me mad again. It is NOT a nightie-- it was a project. Ugly or not, I MADE that hideous dress. so pooh pooh on that! lol
But what I HATED the most about watching it again?

Watching it with new eyes. Watching the things I said, and what I didn't know was happening in the background with Chris. Watching me completely love him and kiss him at the end, knowing the whole time that he's thinking, "I'm cheating on her". I hated watching him 'watch' the kids who were EF's. I hated seeing EF's kids because it made me sad and I missed them. I hated having the flood of feelings I felt at the time rush back into my heart for a really pointless reason.

But I loved looking back on things then compared to this time last year. This time last year I was heading for that FRIKKEN FREEZIN' bootcamp in Canmore. It was -22 on the TV, but that's BEFORE the windchill. Running in -40' sucks, so you know! We were frozen for a few hours after that! This time last year I was stressed about a fitness routine that wasn't working, and a SCARY SCARY outfit.

Oh man, if I had only taken a picture on me in that outfit. WAIT A TIC... I think I still have the hideous thing in my basement! Ooooh, I'll take pictures. Just a sec.

Anyways, before I trek into the basement abyss for that outfit-a-sexyness, I'll finish posting.
Yah, watching it was hard.

But really enlightening. Chris and I just sat here and continued to laugh at the messy house part, and laugh at the date that, on TV, was SOOOO brutal-looking with his lame-oh necklace compliment! lol

We both agree that this time last year is not a place we ever want to revisit. It's not fun remembering what we were. We don't like it. I don't like being fat and naive, and he doesn't like being fat and deceitful. It's bittersweet to watch the episode, but I think I'm okay not seeing it again for a while! Maybe except for the messy house part. Or the laughable 'lets-sing-Love-At-Home- in-the-backyard-to-no-one" part! That's always good for a few laughs.

6 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

Wow...I don't know how you do it!
I'm not sure I'd want to see an ACTUAL re-run of ANY part of my life...the memories with the rose-colored glasses are so much nicer!

xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I think the worse part of the show comes when they play your fall in slow motion. Bad for you but funny for me. I'm one of those awful people that laugh when they see someone biff it. Okay back to you...does it really need to be in slow motion right before the commercials?

Debbi said...

haha, I should count the amount of times they show that fall. Brutal. Thanks for bringing it up, by the way! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think that even though it wasn't fun I am sure it is eye opening to how we live our lives and why we need to re-evaluate them on a regular basis without the rose coloured glasses. I find that you need to see those "fat" days to reinforce the hard work and effort that you have put in to weight loss and reaffirm that you are doing it for yourself and no one else. Koodos once again becuase I don't think I could have done it so publicly.

Tamara

Heather May said...

I caught the rerun that night. I have always just thought of you as debbi. Never skinny debbi or fat debbi. Now seeing the show again, I was shocked to see how different you are now. You look FABULOUS! Way to go! Oh, I also found the singing part hilarious. What a bunch of weirdos we Mormons are, eh? I sing in my backyard to the fence ALL the time.BWAAHAHAHAH!

Glad you watched it together, though. As painful as it was, you suffered it together. Not that it makes it easier, but misery enjoys company, right?

I enjoyed reading your insights an the rerun of your life. Not something I ever want to do, either. I think I'm going to play hooky on judgment day, or just show up after the video of my life has played, in time for the credits....

Debbi said...

Thanks, guys. I know you're right, and I should look at it differently, it's just that it totally brings me back EMOTIONALLY, which is what I DON'T like. But it's good to see how far we've come.