Monday, November 24, 2008

Me And Walmart are LIKETHIS!

I got Walmarted TWICE this weekend. In the course of a few hours!
I mean, I hardly EVER get Walmarted! Seriously!

Chris and I went out on a double-date with some new friends, and turns out they know Gaia too, so we talked about the show a bit. That's not being Walmarted, no. but LATER, we all went dancing. Some girl comes up to me and says "I went to school with you at IT in Edmonton.". UH? I did?!!!! lol I told her I had never lived in or attended school in Edmonton, but she was CONVINCED we knew each other. My friend laughed, and suggested that maybe she knew me from TV. When I told her I was on X-Weighted, SHE LIT UP and started RAMBLING for a while about how much she loves that show and all that stuff! TOO funny. She would NOT shut up about Paul and the other participants and how she JUST watched my episode (yah, I KNOW!).. funny funny. I felt bad for her if she thought that meeting me was significant in her life! lol

Then, Chris and I went to get some food after the club closed. We were sitting down in the restaurant, and some guy comes RIGHT up to our table. In a VERY thick, asian accent, he's all, "I seen you on TV!" (let's not forget, he's got the accent, but to make it HARDER to understand, he's visibly drunk, and we're in a crowded/noisy restaurant!) We smile and say yes, and then pal was so excited and started talking about how he knew it was us and how he saw it because it had the Calgary Tower in it.. (I'm sure that was SO important for us to know! lol) And then he leans in, and asks, "So, how your we-way-shonsip now?" We laughed again. I think it's funny how people think they 'know' us and how TV is so accurate! Too rich. We explained that TV is NOT a true indication of what our relationship was like, and, seeing as we're on a date a year later, HONESTLY, do you think it's that bad?! lol

Now, in fairness, they don't know HALF of the crap that was going on at the time. But they also don't know what was real and what wasn't. And, in the course of this year, there's been some MAJOR MAJOR changing done on both sides.

Anyways. Walmarted twice. Chris and I just shook our heads and laughed.

I put up the tree with the kids this weekend too! SO FUN! The missionaries came over to help, and we had lots of fun with sparkles EVERYWHERE! These Elders we have right now are PERFECT, and we enjoy their company. This week is also the cookie party, so I'm going to be busy for the next little while getting everything done. If I don't blog as much this week, you'll know why.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh--that's so gorgeous, Deb! Your house looks amazing. I wish we lived closer. :( But I hope/expect to see it for myself this Christmas! Weee!!!

GuppiesGalore said...

Wow! Your home is beautiful. I love your furniture...those couches look sinkable cosy.

We put up our tree this weekend too...oy. LOL.

deb@virginia blue said...

Your house looks BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks for helping out with my request...you're the best!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a tree! And those lights!! I think I need sunglasses... ;)

Debbi said...

Thanks guys. I love this tree. In spite of the sparkles EVERYWHERE all over the front room! lol

Marci- FOR SURE!!! can't wait to see ya.
Guppy- Post photos! I'd love to see your tree too!
Mumzie- I wouldn't have thought of NOT helping you out on that one! No problem!
Kare- bring those sunglasses on Saturday! ;)