Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the 25 days of Christmas?

I got 'tagged'. man, these tags are crazy this time of year. Like we all don't have enough to do! I mean, why aren't you taggers out Christmas shopping and helping the economy?! Why aren't you out carolling (in the +9 degrees we have today, I'll admit that'd look fairly odd). So, in that case, why aren't you petitioning against Global Warming?! (Do it and die!- I'm all for living in a hotter Canada. Although, Canada's pretty hawt, if you know what I mean. Kinda like Phat versus Fat. And Canada's not fat. Nope, we're hawt and phat.)

It's one month to Christmas.

I get as many tags as I see Christmas commercials for Canadian Tire products. Although, I DO miss those "give like Santa, save like Scrooge" commercials. That Scrooge guy was cool. Kinda like Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod commercials! BODY BREAK! Hal's pedophile-stache is something else, but Joanne's hair takes the cake!

Okay, to the meat and potatoes of the post and enough of my inner thoughts.
(cake? Meat and Potatoes? You'd think I haven't eaten anything in years! lol)

1. Wrapping Paper of gift bags? If I don't have a giftbag that fits, wrapping paper. I LIKE to make the gifts under the tree all matching, but that's not very cost-friendly. So, the gifts *I* give to the kids are all matching, and the others (gramma/family/friends) end up in the back.

2.Real Tree or Artificial? This year, both. For the past 7 years, we've had fake. But, for the FIRST time in my own 'tree' life (not counting living with my parents), I bought real. It's pretty. I just hope I don't kill it.

3. When do you put up the tree? Well, this year it was up later, because I needed to wait as long as possible so as not to kill the real tree. But it's ALWAYS up (real or not) by the last week of November in time for the cookie party.

4. When do you take the tree down? When I want to. Usually after New Year's. Once the kids are back in school.

5. Do you like eggnog? Uh, is the Pope Catholic?!!! YAH I DO!! Love love love. I buy it in OCTOBER, as soon as I see it on the shelves! mmmm. And I dilute the 'light' eggnog (by the way, light eggnog is an oxymoron!) with skim milk, 1/2 and 1/2.

6. Favourite Gift received? Wow. This is tough. I really like my watch that either Santa or Chris got me. Can't remember which one it was. I know I thanked the right person, though.

7. Hardest person to buy for? hmmm. No one in particular. But, seeing as *I* am the one who thinks of the gifts (and purchases) for Chris' side of the family, I'd go with that one. They're always grateful, but I never have any good ideas.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My parents. There's usually 8 of us brainstorming, so in general, I only have to think of a gift every 8 years! lol

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, three of them. One is breakable and large (Thanks to my sis, Lola, who gave that to me one Christmas), one is from my mother that the kids play with, and one we received last year as a '12-days of Christmas' type of thing that I think I'm going to Pay It Forward with. It's really cute.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail- all the way. Although, this year I may not do any. I don't know what to say in them!! LOL

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Barbie bedspread and sheets. I was 12. It was social suicide! I didn't give Santa any ideas, but that was NOT on the option list! lol

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Oh, I've answered that one before on this blog: Elf. I also like One Magical Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26th- for the next year. (stole Lola's answers, because, *go figure* we were brought up with a mother who does the same thing. Which may sound crazy to some. But HER mother buys gifts YEARS in advance! It's a genetic abnormality we all have! LOL)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas Present? Yah, I think. Nothing too big, that I recall.

15. Favourite Thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing. Egg nog. Guy Lian chocolates.

16. Lights on the tree? Why is this a question?? Doesn't EVERYONE put lights on a tree?

17. Favourite Christmas song? Uh, I have to pick just one? Seriously? Nope, can't do it. Pick a genre and I may have a shorter list of top 5s!

18. Travel or stay home for Christmas? Stay home. Although I like the company when we travel, as it's usually to be with family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Yes. Whoever can't had a horrible childhood!

20. Angel or Star atop the tree? Both. Angel on the kids' tree, Star on the 'adult' tree.

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? After stockings, after breakfast on Christmas morning... ONE AT A TIME, in youngest to eldest order.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? nothing. I enjoy the crowded stores, the commercials, the songs,...
OH! I know! Being told "happy holidays" and having school "season concerts". WHAT THE FREAK is a "Season Concert"?! It's CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

23. favourite Ornament theme or colour? Colour this year is green and gold. Previous years was 'jewel tones'.

24. Favourite Christmas cartoon? Grinch

25. When do you start listening to Christmas music? USUALLY mid November, although, I've been known to listen to stuff in the middle of the summer if I want, too.

2 comments:

GuppiesGalore said...

Oooo, I *LOVE* 'Elf'! SANTA?!?!! I KNOW HIM!!!!

I also listen to Christmas music all year round. It's a staple for baking...something I do a few times a week.

The 'Little People' Nativity scene is awesome. Actually their whole Christmas set is great...Santa's village, ect.

Staccey said...

Hmmm.... You are making me homesick. Well, maybe only a little. The +9 degrees won't last long. It is REALLY easy to forget it's almost Christmas - it seems like September here.
I also miss all my Christmas decorations that are sitting in boxes in Canada. ;(
Most of all -I miss the COOKIE PARTY! Luv ya- thanks for helping me remember.....