Thursday, February 12, 2004

Wishing for Daisy Halos - Who Didn't Put the Pee Back In The Fridge?!

I need a serious break. Like, seriously. I finally feel like the thread is going to snap, and I'm so afraid it's going to escalate into something I'll really regret.
I'm so angry today. Probably a mixture of being tired and stressed.
I can't think of a better way to say it than I'm tired of being a mother. I want a day off, some TIME off. I mean, I love my kids, but I need ME time. I have them from first thing in the morning and then all day. Do dishes, make meals, clean house, do laundry, entertain kids, feed Bear a bagillion times. Then I usually have to take them to work with me, packing them in the car, taking them up to the office, back into the car, drive around trying to work and still ignore their crying or incessant whining for McDonald's in the rear seat. I come home, and it's bed time. I get to put them to bed, but even then, JD only sleeps for a few hours before he needs me to feed him again. No sleep. No rest. No break.
I knew when Chris took this job that he'd work the "occasional" Saturday.. or so he told me. But no, he's worked EVERY Saturday. That USED to be my sleep-in day. But it's not anymore. No, Saturday turns out pretty much like any other day. Except Sunday, when I get to wake up with the kids and get them ready for church. take them there, by myself usually, and then deal with over 25 nursery kids for two hours. One of which is obviously LL, and of course, Bear's with me then too. So then I come home and get to clean up the house that Chris has neglected... no matter how many times I tell him that i need more help around the house.
When is it MY time? I need that right now. Chris gets home too late to take the kids while I'm at work, but then again, I'm working, so that's not really a break. i deal with losers and rude people. yeah, that's the kinda time I love to spend alone!
In fact, I just lost it on LL. She hasn't been going to bed until like 10 or 11 at night, and i can't handle that anymore. Then, I come down here for the only time I manage to fit between Bear's feeds, and I hear her upstairs. I go up there, and she's managed to pee on the floor in front of the fridge. Obviously not for attention, since I wouldn't have known about it-- she thought I was sleeping... So I can't figure her out. I lost it.
I spanked her butt, yelled, got so angry.
I hate being like that, but I'm still really fuming about it, and that makes me more mad. I don't like to hurt her. But it just gets to that point and SNAP!!!
I need to calm down, and yet, I have nothing to do. Go to bed. Get some sleep. Maybe I'll go have a long shower or something.
ARG.

0 comments: