Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - Feeling a Little Green, Elder?

So, I'm totally tired throughout the entire day, but once 9 o'clock rolls around, I'm ready to attack the world! I mean, I hate that. I have something in my head that says that going to bed at 9 is too early, so I don't. Besides, there's good shows on-- I'd miss American Idol or some other reality show I'm hopelessly hooked on.
Today started a bit too early for my liking. Actually, ANYBODY who likes to get up at 5:15 in the morning has some serious thrill issues. I'm even a morning person.
I got the kids ready to go, warmed up the car (although the day was a beautiful, sunny 9 degrees) and drove to my sister's house. Her baby boy was having penis surgery, so they were out the door at 6. It was so sad, the poor boy has NO idea where he's going, or even why his mom won't let him nurse.
I was there for most of the day-- not exactly an easy feat for the faint of patience. I mean, it IS six kids, not including mine... (or the neighbour's kid who dropped by for an hour while she did some errands). Busy day. I hate macaroni on a good day, but making a VAT of the goo is simply repulsive.
Then i came home and finished the laundry (quite a feat since it's only Tuesday-- it usually takes me all week) and cleaned the house.
while making dinner, the missionaries stopped by. The one elder goes home tomorrow, so he came to say bye and take pictures and all that. It was actually sad. While Chris and I ate, we both talked about how this set of elders was the first set to really touch our lives. The FIRST set to touch Chris' life in a positive manner at all! We know that the other one is staying, but his new comp is green... like, totally fresh off the MTC boat! Uh oh.... Chris doesn't like those "baptise the world" kind-- they seem to not understand "not today". Whatever. We're hoping that we'll make him feel right at home and embarrass him and stuff.
So, here's my issue; give us GOOD ideas on how to break this elder in. Like, something prank-like that won't make him want to go running home to Mommy, but still really good. We thought his companion should get into bed with him the first night, saying that he's afraid of the dark and stuff. Maybe hide a pair of pretty panties under his sheets... but we need stuff WE can do at our house. And in case you're wondering, Chris will NOT act like a dog and slide down the banister like my father did with my sister's date. So don't even suggest it! :)

0 comments: