Sunday, February 15, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - Going Once, Going Twice, Sold To the Lady With The Shopping Cart Home

So another day, another dull hair.

It was such a nice break to get a "sleep in" today. Because it was Stake conference, I stayed home. I know, I know, you're all going to sound like my mother. I don't need that-- when I talked to her yesterday, and mentioned that i wasn't going, her lack of reaction on the other end was lecture enough. Man, I hate that. I'm sure she was biting her tongue to a pulp with all the things she DIDN'T say to me yesterday...

Chris got up with the kids, made eggs, of course, since that's his thing to do when he's home. LL loves it. It only sucked that I wasn't really tired this morning-- of all the mornings, the one I actually get to sleep in for, I wasn't sleepy. meh. I managed to get back to sleep, dreaming ridiculous dreams as always, until I was awoken by the family-- Bear was hungry, as usual.

We went to work, looked at some REALLY pricey homes, then went to my sister's house for a birthday party for my nephew. He's such a cutie. I have cute nephews ans nieces-- even if some of them are dumb as rocks sometimes! See story below!! lol

Last night was kinda funny, kinda sad. See, Marce, my sister, was coming home from Ottawa via Calgary, so my sis here and I went to the airport to meet her. We brought my kids and four of hers. When I got there, her flight had been delayed about an HOUR!!!, so we took the kids to "kids' port", this playroom thingy. When her flight finally came in, she didn't get off the plane. We assume she wasn't allowed, because she had to be back on the plane in half an hour to get to Vancouver. It was so funny, my niece, a drama queen, said "I don't know how I'm ever gonna live if I don't see my Auntie". What a character. She's so blonde. So, we never got to see her. Which, in one way, was a good thing-- I had picked up MCDonald's for her, knowing that Westjet doesn't serve food and that she'd be hungry. But, because her flight was so late, the fries were rubbery, the burgers were soggy and cold, and the drink was flat and lukewarm. Nasty. I mean, McD's is gross at the best of times, but an HOUR after you get it... that's just repulsive. Oh well... LL enjoyed the nasty fries on the way home, and I drank the dyed sugar water. The burgers, well, they're probably going for top dollar on the seagulls auction down at the airport garbage bins.

0 comments: