Sunday, February 22, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - 2 Nephi, 32 verse 3

Yesterday kinda bit butt. Chris was going to take the day off of work, because he could, basically. I would then get my sleep in-- a rarity in my life nowadays. Anyways, he takes the kids upstairs, and starts to cook breakfast, when the phone rings and it's his work. Apparently they're REALLY far behind and come Monday, their tardiness could cost over 60 thousand bucks. So he had to go into work anyways. So much for sleeping in.

A while after I've gotten dressed and got LL started on breakfast, there's a knock on my door. I go answer it, and there on my front step is the Jehovah's Witness that came to my house a while back. He brought his wife this time. Smarter now, I didn't let them in the house (besides, it was warm enough that I didn't feel TOO rude leaving them outside). I told him that when he left the other day, I didn't like the feeling that stayed in my home, and so I asked him that he not come back and explained that I didn't want to talk any further about it. He said that he noticed last time that I got uncomfortable, and wondered why. When i said that I felt very attacked, he of course said that that was far from his intentions. I know that. Still didn't change it.

His sentence was, "I really didn't mean to offend you, but if you knew that I, as your neighbour, was being lied to, wouldn't you want to warn me?" Okay, first things first-- what kind of apology is that!!! Second, he JUST did the thing that I was so bothered with the first time. I explained that I believed that I could say the same thing back to him, BUT I DON'T, because (believe it or not) I have more tact than that.

Anyways, I was getting more and more agitated, and he STILL kept saying stuff like that. Like, grouping Joseph Smith in with that guy from Waco, Texas, and the Hale-bop people and Muhammad Ali and all these people. That was very offensive to me. For one, I believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and he's grouping him in a group with people that aren't! So, yah, he just kept on attacking things that I loved and felt strongly for. I got him stumped a little when I said that he didn't shake my faith when he was here last time. I said that my faith was just as strong, if not stronger than his. His wife didn't say anything after that. In truth, he probably strengthened my faith, because the first thing that came to my mind was "angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost" from seminary. Man, I am SOO glad I didn't sleep through THAT morning class! :)

After 10 minutes of standing in the doorway, and getting more and more aggravated with him, I finally said that I didn't want to talk to him anymore, and I basically shut the door on their face.

That left my heart pounding.

I hate confrontation like that, and more-so, I hated being mean to them when I know that their job as missionaries is hard enough. I thought of my brother, going to leave shortly on his mission, and it broke my heart that people would do the same thing to him.

So, aside the fact that I'm on a new birth control pill, I started crying. my sister, who I'd normally call, was at Girl Guide camp. So I called home and spoke to my Dad. What a good guy.

Anyways. I still feel bad about being like that to them, and I guess I'm hoping that you will be able to make me feel better about that. Or, tell me I'm scum if that's the case. But should I have been like that? If the occasion arises again, should I do something different?

0 comments: