Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Wishing for Daisy Halos - Three March 30th posts

I'm a little miffed today. I was looking for possible flights for Chris for the weekend when my brother has his farewell and my niece is being baptised in Vancouver. (background for all you who don't know, Chris is working a LOT these days, trying to finish up a huge project that is very far behind, so he can only come out Saturday night and has to be back to work for Monday morning.)

Anyways, called Airmiles, to use my mileage, and they can't get him home Sunday night. only Sunday morning, which totally defeats the whole process. So, I check Monday morning, early, and he'd be an hour or two late for work. So, I ask him tonight what he thinks.

He says, well, looks like I'm just staying home.

He doesn't understand that this is really important to me. And it's important to my siblings and my niece that he's there. Just one day. One.

Really bothers me that he just didn't care. So, I ask him-- well, how much are you willing to pay without using the airmiles? He answers a hundred. ARE YOU JOKING? Not even using the AIRMILES was that cheap with all the stupid tax and airport improvement fees and junk like that. Who's he kidding?!

I know I have to pick my battles in a marriage, but I feel this is important. Is it? I mean, it seems like EVERY time I'm in BC he's not there. It's like he doesn't want to be there-- EVER. I already know he doesn't really want to be there this time.

Marriage isn't 50/50, so the fact that EVERY holiday his family throws I attend without griping. yah, I love his family, but that's because I know them. He knows my family, but not as well as I know his. How many times has he visited MY home? How many times have I visited his? I know, I know, NOT 50/50!!!!!

grumble grumble grumble........So sad. Our favourite missionary got transferred (tomorrow) to Lethbridge. He came with greenie to say goodbye. Chris wasn't home, laundry was ALL over the front room (including "delicates" I would rather have thrown under a cushion or something) and LL had just spilt milk alllll over the kitchen floor. "i can do it myself, Mommy". uh huh.

Sunday we meet the new guy--they're coming for dinner. He's going on 20 months, so he'll leave here too, most likely, on his way home like the last elder! Weird. How often does that happen?!

Anywho, so we talked a bit about the new elder who's supposedly coming here. I'm just hoping that he's cool. Not like our hometeacher's companion-du-jour from Sunday. He is a great guy, but brought along a new guy Chris has never met. Well, Peter Priesthood started bringing on the questions.... Are you a member? Why not? Do you want to take the discussions? What's taken you so long to join the church? How come you haven't accepted what you know is true? You should be baptised by now. Do you wanna take the discussions? Doesn't it bother you to know that you won't be with your family for eternity? Do you wanna take the discussions? Oh, wait, do you wanna take the discussions?

ARGGGGGG.

the mood in the room could have been cut with a cooked spaghetti, it was SUPER thick! At least Chris is starting to see that not ALL members are loosey-goosey and equally not all members are Convert-the-world people either. There are extremes to both sides, but thankfully the ones in my family and in my friendships are pretty down-to-earth about it all and realize that he may not have entered the waters, but he can swim like a fish sometimes!

There's only going to be ONE person to come into Chris' life with the ABILITY to talk to him like that and actually MAKE a difference. And trust me.... it isn't you. or you. Or anyone who THINKS it's them. Or me. oh yah, did I mention it probably isn't that guy, either?

BTW-- update on Tito...
got made into an "it" today. Isn't quite himself but they vet says that he'll get over that in a few days and be back to his kitten days. Maybe he'll stop peeing on stuff too! Cuz if he doesn't, Chris is going to throw him through the wall, I'm sure of it!

0 comments: