Sunday, March 21, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - (no title 3)

I was really lonely today.

I've been lonely before... sitting at church while everyone else sits with their hubby's arm around them. Watching husbands take out screaming children. Pass the sacrament. Bless a baby (or two, in my case).

Today we had a meeting/fireside for all endowed members. I walked in, and instantly felt horrible. I was alone. Although it isn't true, it felt as though only the missionaries and I were the only ones not married. And yet, at least they had a companion to sit beside.

I don't feel married when it comes to church things. I'm a single mom at church. So, I sat there beside some other unknown-to-me couple, watching my friends and their husbands walk in and take chairs next to other friends and husbands. I felt so alone.

It almost got to the point where I just felt like crying, or getting up and walking out. But the fireside was about temples, and I know I needed to be there. I know that one day I'll be a temple worker, and so I need all the prep I can get. Inwardly I said a little prayer for strength-- so I could sit there and feel the spirit in spite of everything.

I listened to eternal marriage stuff. And today was the day I wished people could have felt what I felt. Or my unmarried siblings. Or my unmarried friends. I wanted them to feel how important it was to marry in the temple. There's way more to lose than eternity-- you lose a bit of THIS life too.

I don't want anyone I love to feel so alone.

0 comments: