Sunday, March 14, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - Jellyfish

Chris says I need to grow a backbone. He thinks that I let my family do things to me or around me that bother me, and I just don't say anything about it because I don't have a backbone.

It's not that at all. No family is perfect, and my sibs and I are pretty close. That being said, I hate it when someone is mad at another. It just makes me feel bad. I hate the confrontation, I hate the name-calling.. I hate how childish it seems. I just don't like it.

Each of us has our "thing". Something that the rest of us think, but never say to that person. It's kinda an unsaid rule. You just don't go there. Unless you're looking for a fight or to hurt the person, and frankly, I just don't really want to do that!

So, he told me to grow a backbone and tell them what I think. But, if I've already told them in polite conversation that I disagree with something, why rehash it a million times? Why try to stir that pot?

We were ALL raised with strong opinions-- sometimes that's detrimental, but sometimes it's a beneficial thing. And because of that, we're all stubborn to a point and we all think we're gospel on what's right and what's not and what's true and yada yada yada...

We really *DO* put the fun in dysfunctional... we may not be perfect.. but we have a heck of a good time when we're together (as long as no one grows a backbone!).

0 comments: